Chapter 1 (Taylor gets stalked for the first time)

December 1997

Isaac Hanson walked into his little brother Taylor's room just in time to see a glistening tear slide down his face, landing in his luscious golden locks.

"What's wrong, brother?" Isaac asked in a brotherly manner, sitting down next to his brother.

"Marissa broke up with me..." Taylor mumbled, gazing out of the window.

Isaac nodded sagely. "Bummer, dude bro man. How long were you together?"

Taylor whipped around to face his older brother, his eyes flashing with anger. "She stood me up on our very first date!!!!!!"

"Oh, that's bad. But then....um.... dude bro.... were you even dating, then?"

Taylor stood up and started to pace furiously back and forth, his cheeks rosy with fury and his hair streaming behind him angrily. "I asked her if she would like to hang out sometime. She said sure, but a few hours before we were going to meet, she had the nerve to call and say she was being rushed to the hospital and couldn't make it!"

Isaac shook his head. This was precisely why itty-bitty fourteen-year-olds shouldn't date, in his opinion. He was a mature adult at sixteen and was exempt from this. "That is not standing you up."

Just then, the phone rang. Taylor angrily picked up his cell phone, which resembled a brick (he never updated to a newer model because Zack Morris was secretly his idol), and growled into it, "Hello?!"

On the other line, a feminine voice responded, "Taylor? It's Marissa... I just wanted to say I'm SO sorry that I couldn't make it to our date!"

"You should be!!!!" Taylor snapped. "If you want another chance, I'll see you at the neighborhood Olive Garden in ten minutes."

"O-oh, but I can't," Marissa stammered. "I'm lying in a hospital bed- you see I'm deathly allergic to bees and I got stun-"

"Stop making excuses. We have some Tylenol if you want."

"I don't think-"

"See you there, baby girl," Taylor interrupted. Since he wasn't using a rotary or landline phone, he couldn't furiously slam it down into the receiver, so he pressed the "end call" button as harshly and roughly as he could. He only succeeded in jamming his delicate index finger.

Isaac was shaking his head. "You're being too hard on her. Keep it up and you'll end up being abusi-"

"Get out of my room so I can get dressed for my date."

Taylor pondered on what to wear, finally deciding on an outfit that was foolproof in getting all the girls with its baggy charm. He wore a pair of baggy jeans and a baggy short-sleeved shirt over a baggy long-sleeved shirt. He topped it off with an ungodly amount of necklaces and a pair of Vans (or shoes that resembled Vans. It doesn't really matter).

Stepping into the hall, Taylor encountered his little brother Zac, who frowned at him. "You wear that outfit EVERY SINGLE DAY... I mean, when's the last time it's been washed?"

"Shut up, insignificant rat!!!" Taylor shouted, tears pricking his blue/brown/[color] eyes at his brother's insensitive and offensive comment. 

Anyway, Taylor walked to Olive Garden. His mom offered to drive him, but it would've been embarrassing to show up in his mom's car. So he walked for miles.

Finally Taylor sat down at a booth across from Marissa, who was waiting for him.

"So... what can I order?"

Taylor shrugged. "Whatever you want?"

"Like..." She looked embarrassed. "Any price?"

"Yeah."