Chapter 1

Prologue

Prologue

(Opening shot: Fade in to the Dimmsdale Elementary School sign. It displays "Family Fair Today" in red letters; pan towards the school, reading a banner that also says "Family fair" as the bell rings. Zoom in and dissolve to the classroom, all the kids are here, staring as Mr. Crocker paces back and forth in the foreground; we hear the sound of an engine working in the background.)

Crocker: Well, future failures of America, I hope you're all prepared for tomorrow's big Family fair.

(A wider shot shows he is riding a red scooter with rockets in place of wheels.)

Crocker: This year's theme is...

(He jumps on his desk and spins a bit before posing; this exposes a writing on the bottom of the scooter reading "Hover Croc 4000".)

Crocker: "Family Trees".

(Cut to an extreme close-up of Sanjay's face.)

Sanjay: I am ready with my project...

(Zoom out; he pulls out a large cardboard cut out of his family tree.)

Sanjay: My family can be traced as far back as 1900!

(The camera follows him as he points to more of his family members, the camera stops on Elmer, sitting before a huge cardboard that shows his family members.)

Elmer: I'm ready with my family tree. It goes as far back to a 10th great grandfather who was cursed which gave our family our boils.

(He pokes at his boil on the end of this; cut to Francis raising a fist.)

Francis: My family tree is so big, we have a long history of bullies.

(Cut to Chester, aiming one pointed finger to the sky.)

Chester: And I'm ready with my family tree poster.

(Pan towards the window on the end of this; outside stands his trailer mobile home. A press of a remote in his hand, and the trailer converts into his entire family tree in close-up.)

Chester: (from o.s.) Because you can learn your genealogy if it's on the move!

Bucky: (sticks out the door) Ye-haw!

(The trailer races back to its original spot with a push of a button; cut to a close-up of A.J..)

A.J.: I'm ready – (Zoom out, a bunch of creatures surround him.) I have created a complex society who is related to famous leaders.

(Pan towards Timmy, whose head turns forward in realization.)

Timmy: Why didn't I finish my project?!? WHY?!?!?

(Close-up of his desk; 'he leans into view as 'Cosmo and Wanda appear, disguised as a pencil and eraser respectively.)

Wanda: Don't you remember?

(Wavering dissolve to a stand in Timmy's bedroom; a pedestal with a sign reading "My Family Project", and cobwebs adorn it. Pan towards Timmy's bed; Timmy sits on it playing with a game unit. Cosmo and Wanda float aside, the former playing with a similar TV.

Wanda: Timmy – (Close up of she and Cosmo.) Shouldn't you be working on your Family Tree-Related – (Tilt down to Timmy; she continues o.s.)​ Family Fair project?

Timmy: This is my Family Tree-Related Family Fair project.

(Close-up of the TV; on screen, the Crimson Chin is having a family reunion.)

Timmy: (from o.s.) The Crimson Chin is having a family reunion, and he gets to see his whole family again!

(Cut to Cosmo, still playing watching the TV; he suddenly stops and begins to sob.)

Cosmo: (hand on head) I'm learning so much – (Happily, returning to TV) About families.

(WD back to Timmy.)

Timmy: Oh, right. (Crocker rounds on him.)

Crocker: Not ready, eh, Turner? The only way you could even hope to be ready, is if you received help from... (Fidgeting on each syllable) FAIRY GODPARENTS!!!

(Timmy sits up; he gets in his face.) I'm watching you, Turner.

Timmy: Uh... (Pointing o.s.) Look, a child in pain!

Crocker: (turning head) Where?!

(The crazy teacher throws down a chair next to his desk and sits in it, munching on popcorn. Pan over to the door as Timmy sneaks out; Crocker stands up in close-up.)

Crocker: Hey! (Pan quickly to a teddy bear on a stool, underneath a sign reading "A child in pain!"; he continues o.s.) There's no child in pain here... (Back to him.) BUT THERE'S GOING TO BE!

(He gets out his Hover Croc and starts riding on it...very slowly. Cut to a set of lockers as he makes his way past; after he goes o.s., two doors open; Timmy in the right, Cosmo and Wanda in the left.)

Timmy: Cosmo, Wanda... (He gets out of his locker.) You guys gotta get out of here before Crocker sees you!

Wanda: Okay. (She holds up a light violet pen with a gold star at the top, a red button in the center.) But keep your Auto Poofer 2.0 with you. (Close-up of it, it reads "Auto Poofer 2.0" in darker letters.) Once we leave, just push the little star – (She presses the button; it glows feebly.) and you'll automatically be poofed back to your room.

(One hand reaches into view and grabs it; cut to Timmy, holding the Poofer in his hand.)

Timmy: Cool. But since I need to finish my science fair project fast... (Widen to frame the fairies.) I wish I was at the loudest, craziest house in Dimmsdale.

(Cosmo and Wanda try to grant Timmy the wish but unfortunately, it fails.)

Wanda: I'm sorry Timmy, we can't grant the wish.

Timmy: Dang it!

Wanda: Well, maybe we should come with you.

Cosmo: Yeah, I'm great with families. Oh, wait, did I say "families"? I meant hula dancing.

(He instantly changes into a coconut bikini, grass skirt and yellow lei, and begins to dance the hula.)

Gentle Hawaiian melody, with ukulele and wood-chimes, moderate 4 (E flat major)

Cosmo: Hula-belly-hula-belly

                                           Hula-belly-hula-hu
A flat major

                       Coconutty-coconutty
                                           Everybody hula-hu
Song ends

(Cut to Timmy and Wanda.)

Timmy: The rules say you can't help me win a competition, so I'll have to do it myself. (Close-up.) Okay... I... (Points one finger upwards) wish I was in the loudest, craziest house in the universe!

(The pink haired fairy lets her wand do its work. In close-up, Timmy, having attached the Poofer to his waist, disappears in a cloud reading "Family!" Cut to Cosmo, still in his hula outfit and dancing; Wanda joins him, dressed in an orange shirt with yellow flowers, white pants, purple sandals, light violet lei, and has a matching flower in her hair.)

Wanda: Let's go to Hawaii!

Cosmo: (grabs wand, it glows) I'll get my lab coat.

(Close-up of his wand; Wanda lifts hers into view and the stars light up. They disappear in a cloud reading "Hula-hula!", and the view fades to black.)