Chapter 1

I wonder if she'll visit today.

My name's Daphne, and I live in the golf-shop in a display with other stuffed animals. My fellow friends include a puppy dog, shark, and gorilla.

The golf shop has been quiet this morning gearing up for a busy Saturday. If I watch closely enough, I can see people quickly passing by. They always take a right before my display to look at the golf attire or the shiny new golf clubs, and I don't blame them.

Sometimes this one girl stops by and looks at the display and pets me, which I thoroughly enjoy. I hope she visits today.

I must be her favorite, but don't tell puppy dog, shark, and gorilla.

* * *

A few days passed and nothing much had changed. That was until someone finally approached our display. Finally! It's been awhile since someone has looked at us! But I guess I didn't realize what that meant for us. They looked over at all of us before hastily grabbing the puppy dog.

"This will be perfect for his birthday," I heard them say.

"Bye Buster," I said quietly to the puppy dog with tears in my eyes.

"Bye, Daphne," he said back.

I'm so happy for my friend, but I'll miss him dearly.

* * *

The week passed quickly and soon it was Sunday which meant Sunday brunch.

It was loud in the golf shop with dozens of people dashing in and out and the doors opening and closing constantly, but I enjoyed the hustle and bustle.

At night, the golf shop employees took inventory, which meant that they lifted us out one by one and wrote down on their fancy clipboard the number three and crossed out four.

It made me a little sad, but happy to know a little boy would be cherishing the puppy dog.