1.

Your POV:

                                   ——————

___________________________________

___________________________________I walked against the Liyue sea shore, hand in hand with my lover

I walked against the Liyue sea shore, hand in hand with my lover.

It was perfect. The sunset in the back added to the romantic atmosphere, is he gonna do it now? I wondered, maybe he'd do it at the Wangshu-Inn with a candlelight dinner.

He paused and got on one knee pale crabs scurrying into the sand or water, "I know we've only been together two years but those years have been the happiest of my life," he said as he pulled a ring out from his pocket, "y/n l/n will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

As I giggled in a screaming manner I pulled him up lifting him by his shirt and smashed my lips onto his, "of course you idiot I love you." he slipped the ring onto my hand as I admired it in the sunset, "it's so beautiful." I said looking at him through my lashes.

"It was my grandmother's; she always told me to give it to my lover." kissing him once more we continued our walk on the beach.

This is the happiest day of my life.

---

"Mom look!" I squealed for the fortieth time this evening, "it's so pretty I can't wait to show my friends ah Xiao he'll be so happy, he'll probably say, I told you he was the one. He's always been like that." my mom simply chuckled as I showed my hand on face time once more, "baby, let your mom rest, you can show her some more tomorrow."

James whisper-yelled since it was pretty late, "alright alright, talk to you, tomorrow mom."

With a simple goodbye I hung up the phone and ran to my now fiancee, whom I practically smothered in kisses from his cheeks to his forehead and finally his lips, "we'll be happy forever, right?" kissing some again he laid my head on his chest and got comfortable on the bed.

"Forever."

Morning couldn't come faster. I didn't sleep a wink, I was too excited to show all my friends the ring he had prepared for me, Yanfei especially she was the one who told me about this whole ordeal.

Rushing out of the bedroom and to the bathroom, I got ready for the day.

Brushing my teeth I bent to spit out the toothpaste and arose once more to see a happy James looking at my ass. "Pervert," I said as he gripped my waist kissing the inside of my neck.

"Your pervert," he said smiling into my neck, "that's right all mine now leave so I can finish brushing my teeth!" I said, chasing him out of the bathroom and closing the door.

Idiot. I sighed smiling, walking back to the mirror.

We got into the car and drove to Wangshu-Inn, my workplace. I'm working as a chef under Yanxiao, blowing him a kiss.

I made my way into the Inn. Going up the elevator was a far better choice than the stairs. I should stop wearing heels.

Stepping into the kitchen I decided to surprise Xiao with some breakfast. I decided on a lotus flower crisp even though I know he'd prefer Almond Tofu, but it's way too early for that.

Going to his usual spot I place the plate on the railing, "I'm just gonna eat this delicious plate of food all by myself." I said, chuckling, extending my l's, "no wait." he said appearing out of nowhere, still having no idea how he does that.

"Fresh lotus crips, just for you," I say, booping his nose with my index finger but before I could pull it away he grips my wrist, "what's that?" he said in a weirdly angry tone.

"J-James he proposed, that hurts," I say pulling my hand back.

"Sorry it was just so pretty I had to get a second look," he said in his usual nonchalant voice, there's the Xiao I know and love.

"I know right it was his grandmother's it's soo pretty right?" I said, exuding with glee, "very."

And with that, he was off to god knows where, I wish he was happier, did Zhongli give him pressing news or something?

Whatever it is I just hope he gets better...

Xiao's POV

Watching her blow him a kiss angered me but I just have to wait for good things to happen to those that wait. I've lived by this for 10 years is a whole lot of waiting but it'll be worth it.

I can smell her cooking, how I adore it even though I'll never tell her, it'd stroke her ego too much.

Waiting in the shadows I watch her gently place the plate down on the railing. "I'm just gonna eat this delicious plate of food all by myself."

Her voice sounded so heavenly, and with that slight laughter. He sighed.

If only she knew.

"Wait no," I said fuck did I stutter I probably sound like a fool, "Fresh lotus crips just for you," she said booping my nose, God slow down time.

Before I could sink into the pleasure of this moment a shining object catches my attention. "What's that?" I say each word laced with venom.

"J-James he proposed, that hurts," She said pulling her hand back, fucking bastard.

Keep calm, "Sorry it was just so pretty I had to get a second look," I say, trying to sound believable. "I know right it was his grandmother's it's soo pretty right?" She believed it, thank the gods.

"Very." with that I disappeared into the shadows. I used to think that good things happen to those that wait but that's just another lie parents tell their children. Tears begin to pool on the roof of the Wangshu-Inn, I'm fucking pathetic.