Bookclub

Alex POV:

Don't even ask how it happened but for some reason David, Juliet and I are sitting in a circle in our living room after we decided on having a bookclub kinda thing.
David is a passionate reader and keeps suggesting books he read to Juliet and me. We never read them tho because his taste in books is weird. All he reads is some weird romantic stuff I don't care about. I don't know what Juliet thinks but she isn't the biggest reader anyways so that's probably why she never reads books David suggests.
The idea of our bookclub is that we choose a book that all three of us have to read within one week. After that we meet in our living room again and discuss the book. Then we'll decide on another book to read and that's basically what it is. Sounds pretty boring, but it makes David happy.
Today it's David's turn to suggest a book to read. I can't remember the title of it but it was a romance novel, like all the shit he reads.
So all three of us got a copy of the book. David even bought all three copies of it. He seems to be way too invested in the whole bookclub thing.
„Okay I think that's it for todays meeting. We'll meet again for our discussing session next Saturday", David says. He stood up and walked into his room with his book under his arm.
Juliet turned to me after David closed his door and said: „You are not actually thinking about reading that shit, right?"
„Nope. I don't care about all that romantic bullshit, why would I read a whole book about it?", I replied.
„That Cameron guy seems pretty romantic. Do you also not care about him?", she asked.
„I care about the sex, Juliet", I said while coming closer to her face. She smirked.
I stood up and wanted to make my way to my room to throw the book I got on the pile of books I haven't read.
„Wait Alex, I have an idea", Juliet stopped me.
I turn around to hear whatever she has to say.
„We are not going to read the book anyways, so why not just pretend we read it. It's probably a basic ass romance book, we can easily just agree to everything David says and then it's our time to suggest actual good books for the next two weeks."
That actually sounds like a decent idea.
„Lets do it", I said, smiling at her.
——
It's been a week which means it's time for our weekly bookclub meeting. David prepared everything, he even got tea and biscuits.
„Hello everyone, I hope we all finished the book and are ready to discuss it today", David said.
„Oh I am so ready, David", I said a little too sarcastic.
„Okay so first I would like to start with how that book made me feel. As you guys know I am not the most emotional person but I cried a few times while reading it. It was so beautifully written and- oh god I might cry again", David said, starting todays session.
David is a very emotional person, so I am really not surprised that he cried while reading a romance book. He doesn't like to say that he's emotional though, but we literally live with him and saw him cry so many times so we definetly know.
„It's okay, David. I totally agree with you, I almost cried as well. That one part really got to me", Juliet said, pretending to know what is going on.
„Oh do you mean the part where her sister died? Oh god that was so painful", David answered.
I almost laughed because our plan was working out quite well.
„What are your thoughts, Alex?", David asked me.
„I think my favorite parts were those with her dad. He was pretty dilf."
„Alex he literally killed the main characters boyfriend", David said while looking at me weird.
„Yeah and? Dilf", I just answered.
„I also thought the funeral of her boyfriend was very sad. The author really hit me there", Juliet said while wiping an imaginary tear.
„Funeral? There was no funeral in the book", David answered confused.
„Oh there wasn't? I must've got that mixed up with something", Juliet said while pretending to look for that part in the book.
That was a pretty smooth move Juliet did here.
David kept talking about how wonderful he thought the book was and Juliet and I tried to sound as invested as possible while trying not to fuck up our plan.
David seemed to understand what was going on after some time though. We kept making mistakes and mentioned parts that didn't exist in the book, which made David realize.
„Okay what is going on, did you two even read the book?", he asked.
„Nope", I replied „We didn't"
„Ugh I should've guessed it. You two are idiots", David said. He looks pissed, but that's kinda his everyday look.
„Well since our plan failed I am going to leave this session, I still have a date with Cameron", I announced while standing up from my spot on the couch.
„I thought you don't care about Cameron?", Juliet asked my while I walked out of the flats door.
„Sex, Juliet! That's what I care about!"

——————
897 words.