TWENTY THREE

"SAY SOMETHING, BRADSHAW," KRISTEN REMARKED AS SHE WATCHED HIS FACE CLOSELY

Just as Bradley's mouth had opened, Admiral Beau and Solomon had knocked on the door, "Lieutenant Kazansky, it's time. We'd like you to address your team before we send you to your aircrafts.

Admiral Solomon elbowed Admiral Beau with a subtle cough, "I think they're having their own team meeting."

"Team meeting, now," Admiral Beau stood his ground.

Now if Kristen wasn't going to lose it, she was now. Her back was to the Admirals, sucking back up that rush of tears and balling her fists before she spun around with a tightly clenched jaw, "I'd just like to ask for another minute, Admiral-"

"There's no time," Admiral Beau insisted, "I need you to address your team, please. The mission will commence within the half-hour."

Kristen had prepared to argue but Bradley spoke instead, "Yes, Sir."

She shot him a furrowed look, though the boy looked back with pouted lips. He'd crossed his hands behind his back as he walked through the doorway.

"Don't fucking walk away right now," Kristen had trailed behind, she'd even grabbed his arm and pulled it back, "Bradley, I can't go on this mission without this being fixed!"

She tugged at him again before he'd turned around, "I need to know that we were... were us before we left. I don't know what the hell could happen out there-"

Bradley brushed his hand over his mouth, letting out a sigh before he walked even closer to her, "If we do this now it's like I'm not going to see you again. I just... I just want to hear this when we come home."

"That's a copout," She argued with a hostile glare, "You obviously don't know how you fucking feel and that's so much more insulting."

She looked up at him dumbfounded before he shook his head, licking his lips before opening his mouth, "Don't question how I feel Kris, that's never been the problem."

"Well put me in the loop then because I'm absolutely lost!"

He looked down at her, cupping her cheek in his hand, "Kit, the thought of us being with anyone but eachother has killed me. I've got a lot of shit to work on with this but I-I don't care, I want you, alright? I always have."

"If you'll still have me, though."

Kristen gulped, chewing at the inside of her cheek to herself from letting a tear out. She couldn't help but laugh, teasingly mocking, "If you'll still have me. You're so fucking stupid, of course-"

Bradley showed an inescapable grin as he heard the pitch of her voice scrunch to mock him. He pulled Kristen forward by her cupped cheek, kissing her lips.

"I think mom and dad are back together," The two could hear Bob snicker from the corner as Natasha added, "In the process of, thank God."

As they pulled away, Kristen had laced her arms around his shoulders. She mumbled, "Any chance you're gonna say those three words back to me, or am I working for it?"