TWENTY FOUR

capitalised italics, EG =
instructions from hanger

sentence case italics, Eg =
admrials, mav, etc talking on ground

tw: it's mission time ☃️

"Dagger 1, away."

"Dagger 2, away."

"Dagger 3, away."

"Dagger 4, away."

"DAGGER 1 STANDBY, CHECK IN," KRISTEN CALMLY SPOKE, controlling her breaths while keeping her hand steady

"DAGGER 1 STANDBY, CHECK IN," KRISTEN CALMLY SPOKE, controlling her breaths while keeping her hand steady. It was silent beside the noise of the jets, not a word coming from any pilot.

COMMENCING CHECK. PICTURE CLEAN, RECOMMEND DAGGER CONTINUE.

"Daggers descending below radar," Kristen confirmed, commencing her descent as her team followed suit. She was fine, just a couple of those strikingly nervous sighs and breaths.

DAGGERS NOW BELOW RADAR, SWITCHING TO E2 PICTURE.

"Enemy territory up ahead," Kristen alerted her pilots and the team standby, "We'll be there in 60 seconds. Dagger 1, asking for picture."

PICTURE IS CLEAN, DECISION IS YOURS TO CONTINUE.

Kristen was tapping her thumbs, her grip tightening as she looked ahead. Her head started to nod as her words followed with conviction, "Copy... Dagger attack."

TOMAHAWKS AIRBORNE.

"No turning back now," Admiral Solomon crossed his arms as his eyes firmly planted onto the radar pictures.

"Daggers assume attack formation," Kristen instructed. Her pilots manoeuvred into their positions, as Kristen tried to keep her focus, "Dagger's set, proceed to target. Time to target 2 minutes and 30 seconds in three, two, one, mark."

"Mark 2."

"Mark 3."

"Mark 4."

"We're going in," Kristen announced, charging forward into the first part of the mission; her easy level. She wasn't finding much difficultly, positively remembering most of her struggles in training to then essentially do the opposite here. She kept her breathing steady and grip firm, her curves in the slopes of the mountain staying tight and on path.

"She's a beast," Admiral Beau admitted, watching her course appear on the radars ahead of time. Maverick looked over at him, "She's been taught well."

"I hope you're not trying to start a race Frosty," Natasha managed to let out a second-long laugh. Frosty uttered from ahead, "Keep up, Phoenix."

Frosty, Phoenix and Bob had pulled through the curves a little earlier than expected anticipating their next moves as Kristen whipped through another slope awaiting Phoenix's word, "First enemy site overhead."