My Demon Tenant is a Girl!

How in the world did he end up in this situation?

Falling backwards into a large cliff to no doubt certain death and pushed in by his own teacher no less! He would never know what was going through Jiraiya's head when the old man decided that his inability to summon up toads warranted the use of deadly force.

Turning his head to the side, Naruto swallowed audibly as he looked into the near endless darkness, with the light at the end being a terribly messy death.

He was going to die. He was totally going to die. Any second now and he would become a pile of mush flattened against the ground.

Naruto only hoped that after he died, he would be able to become a ghost so he could haunt the perverted old man as revenge.

Pressing his shaking hands together, he squeezed his eyes shut and whispered a prayer before going through a series of hand seals. What were they again?

Boar, bird, dog, monkey, ram?

No!

Boar, dog, bird, ram, monkey?

No!

Boar, dog, it was not working!

Also how in the world was he supposed to summon that red chakra that Jiraiya was talking about?! It was not like he had a direct line to it!

Somehow during his quick little moment in thought, he had flipped around in the air. Naruto's eyes widened, as the air stung painfully against his skin. The corners of his vision were starting to fade. He was blacking out. The shock was getting a bit too much for him.

How was he ever going to become Hokage now?

Feeling a subtle numbness wash over him, his eyes instinctively closed.

As his muscles relaxed, the sensation of wind against his body slowly started to die down. He felt as if a veil of nothingness had suddenly wrapped itself around his body. Perhaps this was what people meant when they had told him that usually moments before one dies, they feel calmness as they were taken to the Pure Land?

Reopening his eyes, he found that he was no longer falling to his death.

The stinging sensation of the wind against him was replaced by the numbing sensation of cold water as he found himself lying in a shallow river. Wait, no, it was not a river. He was lying in a stream of water in some sewer.

Crap, did this mean he had landed in purgatory?!

Slowly getting up, Naruto looked around through half-lidded eyes. The heaviness he had felt earlier had already begun to dissipate and he found that it was getting much easier to move around.

Looking around, he confirmed that he was in some kind of sewer.

"Well," said Naruto plainly, his expression going blank as he continued looking around, "I guess.. I'm dead then..?"

Even he did not expect himself to sound so monotone.

Seeing that there was really only one direction to walk in, he took a step forward and began trekking his way through the tunnel. Hopefully he had not ended up in one of those old folklores where a dead person spends the rest of eternity walking to atone for their sin.

Hopefully.

"You would think that the Death God would at least furnish the place.." muttered Naruto quietly as he took in his dank surroundings.

Stopping abruptly to avoid slamming his face into a wall, Naruto narrowed his eyes when he saw the tunnel turn in another direction. Rounding the corner, Naruto was immediately met by a doorway with a large opened gate..