28: Goodbye

(Chapter - 28)

Jake was anxious about why Yera hadn't returned to his room with the pills. He had an odd feeling about it. Therefore, he decided to look into the matter that was taking her such a huge amount of time. He anxiously looked for her in the store room where the medicines were usually kept, but his eyes soon drifted towards the glass wall opposite to the room.

Following the scene he witnessed, he felt his heart sink.

Yera was sitting in the garden with Heeseung in his embrace. They were both sleeping peacefully as they hugged each other. He would be lying if he said that he wasn't envious.

He rolled his eyes as he looked at his cousin, totally annoyed by their skinship, and quietly took the medicine lying on the couch where they were sleeping.

With a heavy heart and anguish in his eyes, he cast a single glance towards Yera before sneaking out of the garden without making a sound.

"I called out for you to heal my wounds, not to inflict more pain on me." Jake thought as he observed the pill slowly dissolving in water. After having a good sight of the fading pill, he picked up the glass and gulped it down in one go.

"At first, you did remind me of that Yera. Yes, the one who caused this ruckus, the one I used as my pawn in this game of chess, but now, I really feel the difference between you and her, and finally, you were the one who stole my heart. It really feels like karma. I toyed with her emotions, and now you're messing with mine." He fell into a deep sleep while thinking about all of this, and a tear that trickled down his face remained unnoticed.

»»---------------------►

Sunlight flooded into the garden, prompting Yera to squint and awaken from her nap.

"What? Why are you staring at me so intently? I didn't hurt you in any way!" Yera rose from the couch where Heeseung was seated, discreetly inspecting her face before she awoke. "Are you sure?" Heeseung stood up from the couch and approached her. "Yes." She answered gently, without meeting his eyes. "Answer me while staring into my eyes; they're not going to burn you, hmm?" Heeseung gave the order, pushing her jaw up to make her look at him.

"Yes." Yera responded to him instantly and looked away from him. "Aww, you're blushing, honey." Heeseung grinned at her, relishing her agitated expression. "You're still drunk, Lee." Yera commented, shoving him away and moving forward. But in this process, Heeseung swiftly grabbed her arm, making her land straight on his chest.

"You know what, I am just leaving this place today. I have had enough now." Yera said it aloud. "What did you say just now?" Heeseung's demeanour completely changed on hearing those words from her mouth. The once playful eyes were now radiating coldness. "I'm going to leave. I can't go on living like this." Yera highlighted with a solemn look.

"Well, try me. Go on, bring your bags. Let's see who's gonna help you out." Heeseung mocked her as she went back to her room, locking the door. She threw herself on the fluffy bed, taking a deep breath, her body immediately sinking into the soft mattress. She got up from the bed and went to her closet to fetch some comfortable clothes to be packed in. As she rummaged through her closet, her gaze was drawn to the dress she discovered on the hospital rooftop.

Taking no time, she grabbed the golden bag right away and took out the dress, caressing the delicate embroidery on it. "I feel familiar with this dress, yet I don't know whose it is. It's not the beauty of the dress that's pulling me towards it, nor the expensiveness. I don't really know why my heart told me to keep it."

"Sim Jaeyun and Lee Heeseung. I don't want to see them again in the near future." She said as she zipped up her travel bag. It would be a bitter lie to say if she was happy to leave them. She wasn't. It was just their ways of doing things that made her irritated. They have ethereal faces like those in the fairytales, but perhaps she wasn't their queen. She didn't fit in there.

"Sakura?" She gasped in shock after seeing her standing against the pillar. Her hair was dyed burgundy, making her looks stand out. "Before you're leaving, let me tell you a fact." She chuckled dryly as she approached her in those heels, creating a sound. "I was never a psycho." Those words were enough for Yera to widen her eyes in shock. "Then, that all-" "I was acting all the time. Heeseung and the others never really got to know about it." "I was crazy to protect my family, okay? I didn't want anyone to harm them."

"But w-why?" Yera took a step back, increasing the distance between her and the unpredictable girl. "You don't need to know it and I am really sorry for harming you that day. You seemed too sus to me." She smiled sadly, remembering her mother.

"If you have heard of me getting diagnosed with a mental illness, well, that's a white lie. I used to bribe the doctors all the time." "That isn't justifying how you practically murdered me." Yera gave her a sidelong glance. "Princess is getting mad, aww." Sakura chuckled. "So, let me make amends by showing you a secret exit. But you have to promise me not to tell anyone that I helped you escape. Well, people won't even trust you if you take my name though. I am a psychopath in their eyes."

"Bye." Yera muttered monotonously as she opened the gate that led to the tunnel.

To be continued...

Well, well look who's back with an update ;)
That's not the last chapter if you first thought by looking at the title.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️