{s2, p4}

Kaydence Naomii HicksTampa, Florida August {22}

Tampa, Florida
August
{22}

"did the pain meds work"? I asked with a slight chuckle. I was currently at work in my last twenty minutes actually and was more than ready to get off.

This week I was working days, and today was my last day for the week. I rolled my sleeves up, although it was August and still hot everybody knew that hospitals were cold.

I really underestimated how much I loved my job and loved my field of study, although my next step which was getting my masters was heavily on my mind, all my friends plus Kyrie told me I should wait it out and just live a little bit before going back to school, which they had a point because I just graduated college.

I seen my aunt called me and I made a mental note to call her when I made it home after my shift ended, "the meds worked fine and I slept like a baby". She smiled making me smile.

"I hope they continue to let you be my nurse, I've had bad experiences with nurses". She told me with a frown.

"Aww I'm sorry, I understand what you mean. people can be shitty". I told her checking her IV, then my watch seeing it was getting closer to my clock out time.

"yes but I've been feeling better. when do you think they'll discharge me"? She asked.

"honestly probably in a few days, I'll probably have to give you some more meds, watch over your charts and stuff and if it's not any issues you'll probably be able to go home". I explained to her grabbing all my things.

"okay that sounds good. well you have a great night Ms. Hicks". The lady spoke making me smile, I genuinely loved having sweet patients.

"you too Mrs. Debra".'I gave a warm smile before going to clock out, I sighed making my way to my car and instantly locking the door.

Kyrie hated when I worked days simply because I got off at 7 and it usually got dark around the time I made it home. To avoid any issues or problems we just shared our locations with one another for safety purpose.

I sent him a message letting him know that I was on my way home, I let summer walker - Karma play as I headed home, I didn't care how in love I was when summer walker play I'm hurt.

Today wasn't a bad day, most people dread their last work day for the week but me I made the best of my day because I knew that sleep before that off day was gone hit different.

The only thing I didn't really like about my job was that it was 30 minutes away, but it had the highest offering pay so of course I took it.

I made it home, cutting my car off and grabbing all my things before locking my door, I couldn't wait to get out of my scrubs.

I opened the door to a yelling Kyrie on the game, I put my keys on the rack "bruh ain't no way that's not a foul"!!!? He yelled as I chuckled.

Although he had been on his game a lot lately I never complained, I just loved that my man was at home and safe. I placed a few kisses on his lips as he did the same but still focused on the game.