0 1

It was a joyous day for the gods of Egypt.

Music and laughter filled the opulent halls of the palace of Heliopolis as an endless buffet was served for them to feast at. Along with that, the most exquisite liquor and the sweetest fruits harvested from the garden of Osiris.

Ra sat at the top of them all, being the creator of all gods. She, with her usual devious smile, gazes down to her kin, specifically the current generation of rulers; her great-grandchildren who sat just below her for everyone to see.

She notes how Nephthys gracefully moves her body, capturing everyone's attention as she dances to the music. She notes how Isis slips her arm around her husband's, leaning on his shoulder as she softly gazes to their sister with pride in her eyes.

And then there was the unobtrusive darkness in Osiris' eyes. And the sun god smirked, knowing all too well the lust and desire hidden behind those pitch-black pupils. The lust and desire for one of the main characters of the banquet: Set.

Set who, at the time, had been too caught up with her grandparents to notice her brother's eyes defiling her body. She awkwardly received Tefnut's blessing, oblivious to the desperation swirling in her brother's ribs as she enters into marriage.

"Oh my, it seems like he'll be making a move soon." A sultry voice says.

Sekhmet grins underneath her headdress, revealing her sharp teeth. Ra glances at her for a brief moment before breaking into a similar grin.

--

It was too unbearable for him.

He didn't want to be too constricting so he allowed Set to have lovers. But marriage was of a whole other story. Osiris narrowed his eyes, too fixated on his lovely red-haired sister to notice his wife giving glances at him.

"You must be very worried for her." Isis says, finally catching his attention.

He nods along her words as she gazes at Set fondly. To think the wily child would actually grow up to be a strong woman ruling over the upper delta of Egypt*. A woman worthy of her title as one of Egypt's strongest war gods.

"She's grown up so much in just a small matter of time..."

Set had been sent off to Thebes* the moment she learned how to talk in proper sentences, so they hadn't really been that close with each other. Nevertheless, when she finally became an adult, she visited her siblings in an attempt to reconnect with them.

Trailing off, the god of magic skimmed through her early memories. Memories of her and a young child; she and Set, along with Nephthys, used to go against their brothers all the time, preferring to be in each other's company.

Osiris observes her, also going through his interactions with the god of the desert. Set would always smile at him, always turning to him whenever she needed help. Her lips would curl into a smile as she utters her gratitude whenever he aided her. And it always made his heart flutter.

But now, now that she became the bride of another, he cannot take her anymore. They'd have to keep a respectful distance from each other for they now have spouses. And it irked Osiris to great ends. He glanced hatefully at the groom, his hand clenching the goblet from which he drank.

It was supposed to be him beside Set. Him holding her hand. And him kissing her lips.

--

"I am curious as to what he's planning." Sekhmet admits.

She moves to lean on her mother's throne, sneering at the cowards who averted their eyes away from her. It was amusing to watch them tremble like a bunch of rats soaked in rain. Ra shrugged, her eyes glinting as she stretched her limbs.

"He is...very predictive if you look at the right angle. Osiris may try to throw us off his tracks, but he can never deceive you who feeds off negativity."

The sun god proceeds to stand up and walk towards the new couple. Nut and Geb had just finished speaking to Set before they greeted their grandmother who only responded with a flashy smile.

"What brings the great sun god here? I thought you'd just stay glued to your throne the whole day."

Ra scoffs, albeit amused. Only Set was brave enough to act so defiant around her, with the exception of the god of chaos. She simply ruffled her hair, causing a noise of obvious annoyance coming from the bride as she steps back.

"Aww~ You look so cute when you're angry. Like a little chick..."

Set frowned, displeased with the comparison. It was insulting to be compared to a harmless newly-hatched animal when you are a god thriving in the battlefield. She could almost hear the shocked gasps coming from the lower gods who happened to have heard their conversation.

"Hey old geezer, if you're so keen on babying me, you should have your eyes checked. Mind you, I'm the strongest military god of Egypt." She smugly says.

Ra only wrapped her arm around her great-granddaughter's neck and cooed at her while pinching her cheek. From the corner of her eye, she could see Nephthys hesitating whether she should approach them. A single look from Ra sent her avoiding the two.

"Ah?! Let go of me!"

"Why? It's not like you're actually the strongest~"

"Who told you that?! Huh?! I'll have you know that I am Egypt's greatest warrior!"

Sekhmet snorted, unable to keep her face straight as she watches the two. She giggled, earning the confusion of Bastet who held one of her cats in her arms. Glancing at Ra, she grimaced.Her mother can be a handful sometimes, if not always.

"She ought to leave the bride alone. Not to ire her." Ma'at mumbles, to which her husband nods enthusiastically.

"Oh really? I never knew you cared this much for our granddaughter Ma'at?"

The god of justice rolls her eyes to Sekhmet's antics, tuning her voice out with accustomed ease. So had it been with her other sisters, especially Hathor, in the past. In spite of that, she and her siblings still get along well enough that they do not intentionally harm each other.

--

*Seth represented Upper Egypt during the Old Kingdom and Middle Kingdom

*Thebes is the capital of Upper Egypt