Chapter 1

3rd person's POV
Anne and Marcy have been friends for a while, they were never super close even though they've known each other since seventh grade.

Now that they're sophomores, they would pass each other in the halls everyday, and only give each other a small wave.

They were in different groups, Marcy was seen as a nerd compared to Anne, who was a jock.

They were used to thinking about each other in a certain way, especially with the personas they displayed in front of other people.

-

Anne walked into her class and took a seat, she looked around, not sure what exactly she was searching for but when her eyes landed on a certain clumsy girl, she tilted her head and got up, making her way over to her.

She took a seat next to her, and waited for the girl to notice her.

Marcy obviously noticed her, but she didn't turn to look, "Anne, what a surprise."

The brunette smiled once she finally acknowledged her, Marcy turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you lost? I'm pretty sure the popular kids are over there." She said with a teasing tone and pointed somewhere.

Anne rolled her eyes and lowered Marcy's hand, letting her hands linger a moment too long before leaning back.

"Nope, not lost. Just trying to find a pretty girl, and look! I've found one."

Marcy snorted and shook her head, trying to bite back a smile so Anne didn't win.

"Aw! You're blushing!" Anne whispered, and Marcy shook her head.

"I am not, trust me, I'm not one of your fan girls that would fawn over you and your corny line."

The other girl chuckled but put on an exaggerated pout, "Really? You're breaking my heart,"

She put her hand on her chest, and Marcy gazed into her eyes, which made Anne's breath catch in her throat, but she tried her best to ignore it.

"Good, because your ego is too big for your own good."

Anne furrowed her brows once Marcy turned away from her.

She opened her mouth, wanting to bite back but the teacher began speaking, which forced her not to.

But, even though the class was starting, she still didn't return to her usual seat, instead, she stayed put, and gazed at Marcy.

She regretted all these years of not fully befriending her, because Marcy intrigued Anne.

And she wanted to get to know her better.

To be continued...

(A/N) I've seen your struggles on not finding Marcanne content, and fear not, I have more story ideas for these two.