𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒- 𝐼𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡?

The telephone on Robin's bedside table let out a loud shrill of a ring. It didn't fail to startle her, but moves were not quickly pursued due to the comfort found within the sheets she was tucked safely into. It was unusual to receive calls at such a time- and even though it wasn't late, ten p.m. was quite past the usual hours of contact. The noise didn't stop.

Robin turned to her side, groaning slightly while reaching over to access the conversation. She grasped the cradle, pulled the transmitter up to her ear, and took a deep breath.

"Hello?"

The feedback must've taken a moment to travel through.

"Buckley, she didn't even show up."

The irritated voice was recognised almost instantly as Steve Harrington's, and as the only plans he had that night was to go on a date with yet another woman, Robin could only assume the worst.

"What?"

"We arranged to meet outside of Hawk Theatre and she stood me up."

Robin chuckled at the thought of him standing there clueless.

"-Why am I even telling you this?" He continued after hearing the split second of humour.

"Because I'm the best person to tell things to."

"Unlikely. Oh- and also, I have to go and pick Dustin up. Predicted that one, didn't we? That kid and his damn nightmares... they're not even relevant and he hasn't even had one yet. I'd understand if it was some shit about the upside down, but I don't remember seeing any giant killer-pandas roaming about in there. They won't of even slept yet."

The woman scrunched her brows. Dustin Henderson was definitely the strangest person she knew. Deciding to block it out, she flipped back onto the previous.
"Well, on the subject of the first topic, it looks like I'll be having to make a phone call, Steve."

"Well, it is what we concluded with."

"Although it is quite hilarious to watch you slowly become more and more desperate."

"It doesn't feel hilarious. I feel like a total loser, wanting something so badly."

"Why can't you just wait until one comes naturally?"

"I don't know."

Robin sighed, crossing her legs underneath the covers.
"I'll call in our saviour tomorrow, then."

"Thank you."

"Goodnight, Steve. Say hi to the kids for me."

"Will do."

The tone at the end of the line drew flat and the woman huffed, bringing her free hand up to her forehead as the other replaced the phone back into its cradle.
"Moron." She muttered under her breath as she leaned back into the pillows once again. "Utterly."

The rain from earlier had calmed in its rage, subtracting itself into a lacklustre drizzle as the daylight drew to the end of its run. Robin could sense that the next morning would be nothing like the last- the continuation of the summer heat making it's swift return. Perhaps Family Video would melt and they could both have the day off. It was a thought.

In a slight state of misery, and through wanting a fairly early night, Robin buried herself deeper into position and grasped the duvet tight, pulling it up to her chest as she breathed out into the material. The white covers were soft, the remaining Illuminance from the ajar curtains pooling at her knees.

It was always calm in her bedroom, and being surrounded by things she loved made it even more so. The household wasn't the nicest, the building crumbling slightly at its seams, but the thought of soon saving the funds to move out into her own apartment or something alike made Robin appreciate what would soon be lost; the drawers full of old, pointless collections, the lava lamp she had been gifted with when she was seven and the paint stain marked on the carpet from when she was five. They were her own, just like every other weird necessity scattered around the area.