Gaining Trust

The sound of crickets filled the area.

[Name] stare in disbelief when seeing the kids' 'home'.

He thought they were joking by saying they're going to let him stay at their home, but this is truly unexpected.

"How do you like it?"

"I think I'll sleep outside."

"Of course you're going to! The tent can only fit two small people anyways."

The light brunette take another bite of her bread as he went inside the tent, followed by her little brother. [Name] sigh as he sat down on the grass, then leaning his back and head against a tree.

He look up at the sky, seeing that it was now evening.

He stare at the orange sky, as if he's trying to think of something.

Then-

"Wait, mister."

"Hm?"

"We haven't gotten your name yet. And you haven't got ours!"

"...Well, after hearing you both saying eachother's name, I already knew that."

"Well we haven't gotten yours!"

"It's [Name]. Call me [Name]."

"Okay, mister [Name]."

The man look at the twins who are peaking their heads from their tent, they seem a bit scared for some reason, that's what [Name] noticed.

"Are you two alright?"

"Y-yeah!.."

"Uh.."

He figure they need something, but he wasn't sure of that.

"If you need something to tell me, just spit it out."

"W-we don't need anything!"

"Okay, whatever you say."

[Name] was rather a bit far away from their tent, so talking may contain shouting, but not a loud shouting. Not loud enough for the birds to fly away, but loud enough to keep them still asleep.

"Should we tell him?"

"What? No! That would be embarrassing!"

"Embarrassing? What embarrassing?"

"Nothing....Nothing!"

The twins went inside their tent again, [Name] just stare in confusion, but shrugged it off.

He was getting tired, so their actions might've not make him curious that much. As he was getting comfortable with laying down on the grass, he closes his eyes, trying to drift to sleep.

It felt a bit uncomfortable without pillows and such, but he can handle it until morning if he can fall asleep.

☆☆☆☆☆

"What are you doing, Ace?!"

"I-I'm scared..!"

"And that doesn't mean you have to stay beside him! Come on, just stay in the tent and I'll protect whatever monsters out there that is trying to get you."

"But you never d-did! You always fall back asleep!"

"Ace-"

"Huh.."

They both froze in their spot after hearing a groan from the h/c male. It was midnight, and one of the twins unfortunately can't sleep..And they had the idea of staying by the h/c male side, thinking he could be safe since he's older and maybe could protect him.