𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋❛ what's going on with you and jj? ❜

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋
what's going on with you and jj? ❜

RILEY WAS CONFUSED, to say the least. Jordan's words had stuck with her all day, and even onto the next day. She knew she shouldn't have felt the way she did when he said them, but it was a natural reaction for her. She knew he was just looking to get her back. He needed a rebound, but she still had a stinging feeling that he really did still love her.

"What do you mean you had a moment?" Layla asks as Riley leans against her locker.

Riley bit her lip and avoided the girl's eyes before her eyes caught on Jordan's a few feet away and she stiffened. "Riley?"

Riley shakes her head. "Sorry, what?"

"Your moment... with Jordan."

Riley shrugs. "I don't know. It just felt... different.

Layla furrowed her brows. "Different?"

She throws her head back in a groan. "I don't know, Layla. Any other time something like that would have happened, I would have melted at his words but I didn't. I was like everything hit me at once and I hated him more than anything. It, honestly, kind of scares me."

"Why? Don't you want to get over him?"

"Of course, I do. I mean, I spent ninety precent of my junior year crying and going back and fourth with Jordan. There is nothing more I want than to be happy. But, it still kinda scares me how all of our history and all those feelings were replaced with hatred so quickly."

Layla nods and walks with Riley down the hall. "So you don't want to hate him but you don't want to be in love with him? Riley, that makes no sense."

Riley stops in the hall, throwing her head back. "I know."

Layla places a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Look, I am personally a firm believer that the two of you are soulmates, but if you don't believe that then you shouldn't be wasting your time."

Riley gazed at her friend with a desperate look. At this point, she was desperate for anything and everything. If Layla went out a told Riley to go up to Jordan and kiss him, she probably would have done it. That's how confused she was.

"Like you said, you deserve to be happy. With someone who will make you happy. As much as I love you two together, you two have been through so much. I think now it's just a matter of what you want, not what Jordan wants."

Riley bit her lip as she processed her friend's words and gazed around the school hallway. All she saw was a pool of teenagers, but there were still two people who caught her eye.

The shiny blonde hair of her best friend as he was chatting with Asher and Olivia, and the dark hair of her past love, who was currently half-listening to whatever his friend was telling him while he looked at Riley from across the way.