KAIROS SERIES BOOK I

PART ONE

"These two witnesses...that stand before the Lord God of the whole earth. If anyone attempts to harm them, fire will flow out of their mouths and consume their foes. All who seek to harm them will die in this way. They have authority to shut the heavens so that no rain will fall during the days of their prophesying. They have authority over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every plague imaginable, as often as they desire. When their testimony is completed, the beast that comes up from the sea will wage war against them ......"

Revelation 11:4-7

CHAPTER 1

It was early morning in the winter of 1961. The moon was full and bright and the stars still glistened in the dark sky. Through the window of a small post-war bungalow, a dim light silhouetted a man on the edge of his bed pulling on his socks. There was a quiet peace in the room as he stood and moved about, getting ready for work. When he was fully dressed, he gazed out the window. It had snowed. He would have to shovel the driveway before he left.

The man's name was Leo. He was tall and slender with a broad chin and red hair that was receding with age and slicked straight back. Priding himself on his grooming as was the style of most professionals of his day, he wore a crisply starched white shirt, black tie and charcoal grey dress pants. He was an instructor at a private commercial trade school in Toronto. Peering out the window he heard the shifting and movement of blankets behind him.

"Leo," murmured a groggy, soft voice from the darkness.

He turned and saw the moonlit features of a beautiful woman, hair mussed and eyes sleepily looking at him. She smiled warmly and sat up in the bed.

"Good morning," he replied as he leaned over to give her a gentle kiss on her full lips.

"I had another dream!" She paused then stated, "Let me write it down first before I forget." She reached to the night table beside her bed for a pen and leather bound book and began to write. Leo waited patiently while she scribbled and mouthed the words she wrote.

"It was wonderful and amazing. Yet at the same time it was a little disturbing, now that I think of it," she whispered as she looked into his eyes. "It was about the baby again!"