Taking a Pig Bath

Story Created: 8/10/22

1:02 P.M. – The Spies' Beach House

At the spies' beach house, Sam, Clover, Britney, Nick, and Mat were just finished with lunch before going to The Groove for shopping and a mani-pedi. Blaine wasn't among them, but he said he would meet them at The Groove later in the day. As for Alex, she was upstairs tending to other businesses.

"Should we throw in a little beach time afterwards?" Mat asked everyone.

"Sounds good to me," Sam quipped.

"I'm not gonna say no," Clover giggled.

"We're just waiting on Alex, then?" Britney wondered.

"Uh-huh," Sam answered. "I guess she wanted to give Oinky a bath first."

"I'm still completely baffled that Alex has a piglet," Mat sighed, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Trust me, dude, I've seen stranger cases of weird pets," Nick quipped. "Would you believe me if I said that one of May's friends in the Jellyfish Pirates once had a bat as a pet?"

"Yuki seems like the kind of girl who would do that," Mat chuckled.

The spies waited on Alex to come back downstairs so they could leave; she said she'd eat something at The Groove for lunch.

"If one thing's for sure," Clover stated, remembering one time Alex tried to bathe Oinky. "Bathing Oinky will be a chore!!" (A/N: Remember S6's Dog Show Showdown?)

"Totally," Sam chastised, remembering she and Clover tried to help Alex out.

"If bathing a dog is hard, I can only imagine how tough that time must have been," Britney told Sam and Clover.

"It's a little pig, I don't think it's any easier," Mat chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

"True," Nick stated until he let out some laughs at how tough it can be to bathe a dog in general.

Meanwhile...

Upstairs, Alex was already in the beach house bathroom trying to give Oinky his bath.

"Oinky, stop... fighting!!" Alex chastised, but Oinky refused to go in the water, even jumping away from Alex at one point.

Alex was honestly surprised that Oinky could jump so well.

Alex was having no luck, but when she heard the doorknob being jiggled, she freaked out – she'd forgotten to lock the door!!

"Alex, how're you coming?" Nick asked. "Sam and Clover's patience is wearing thin..."

"Oinky does not... want to... get in... the stinkin' bath!!" Alex exclaimed, flailing around with each attempt to catch Oinky.

"Ah, the eternal problem of pets not wanting baths," Nick chuckled as he walked in. "They'll walk in the rain and all that no problem-o, but the bath? Yeah, chalk that one up as a nightmare and a half."

"Is there anything you can do to help me with this, Nick?" Alex asked. "I know you're good with pets."

"Let me give it a shot," Nick quipped as he moved to try and calm Oinky down.

To Nick's surprise, Oinky simply dashed underneath him as he made a grab, causing Nick to lose his balance and fall into the water himself.

"...not my finest moment, I'll admit," Nick sighed. "If you'll excuse me..."

Nick quickly got back to his feet and dashed downstairs past the rest of the confused spies as he chased down the rogue piglet.

When Nick made it to the living room, however, he saw Oinky, oddly enough, perfectly calm and curled up in Nozomi's arms.