MariTim

I dedicate this one-shot to @Gospelsglory. They asked me to try and make a timinette since their are not enough. I know they probably expected a story and not a one-shot but I thought it was great practice for me to do a one-shot. Anyway I hope you all like this.

Long, long ago there was a time when everyone on earth had a soulmate. A person that had their fate intertwined with another. A person that was said to be perfect for their other half. Someone that would not judge you for your flaws. Someone you could trust with your deepest secrets. Someone you can count on to stay by your side when everything seems to be at its worst.

Over time, less and less people in the world had soulmates, to the point where it was rare when someone had a soulmate. Although that did not stop people from finding love. Afterall people don't need soulmates to find people that can love them for who they are, even if they are not picked from destiny.

There are many different types of soulmate bonds. Some are being able to share your soulmates pain, being able to hear your soulmates thoughts, being able to share dreams with your soulmate, being able to see your string of fate that connects to your soulmate, having a tattoo that represented your soulmate, random body switches with your soulmate, and many others.

**********************************

Marinette always knew she was special. Her theory was proven on her tenth birthday.

Her day started like any other. She woke up and got ready for school since it was a Tuesday. As she was getting changed she noticed something new.

She had a tattoo. The tattoo rested on her right hip. Her shorts and pants would be able to cover the tattoo. The tattoo was of a red coffee mug that had a yellow symbol on it.

To say she was confused would be an understatement. So she told her parents, and they were happy for their daughter and told her that it was a soulmate tattoo. Although her parents were not soulmates, they knew a lot about soulmates. That day she learned the specific soulmate bond she had was a tattoo that represented her other half.

I guess my soulmate loves coffee... Marinette thought.

Over the years, Marinette discovered she had more than one soulmate bond. She had two bonds. She knew it was possible to have more than one type of bond, but it was extremely rare. Not wanting to be too different, Marinette kept most of her soulmate bonds a secret. The only bond people even knew about was the tattoo bond.

She discovered she also had the bond that allowed her to feel her soulmates pain.

She discovered her second bond when she was thirteen. She had already been Ladybug for a year. She had gotten hurt plenty of times during akuma attacks but the pain always went away after the miraculous ladybugs fixed everything. So she was confused when she started to feel random pains on patrol or after an attack. 

Eventually she figured out it wasn't her pain she was feeling wasn't her own. She was confused about how her soulmate could get hurt this often. She felt her soulmates pains of being kicked, punched, pushed--- she swear it even felt like she was stabbed before because of the pain she felt from sharing her soulmates pain. She hoped that her soulmate was okay. She hoped they weren't being bullied, had a bad home situation, or worse...

**********************************

Tim always knew he was special. Afterall how many nine year old's were able to figure out a robins identity, the next Robin's identity, and even Batman's identity.

He was ten when first discovered his soulmate bonds. He found a soul mark on his left hip. The tattoo was of a needle sewing what looked like a cloth that was ladybug themed. Tim guessed that his soulmate liked sewing.