It was a fairy tale then and it's still a fairy tale now

A/N: Another Harry/Meghan oneshot. Sorry it's been so long. This has been sitting in my docs for months.

Title: It was a fairy tale then and it's still a fairy tale now

Summary: As children, we're told stories of girls going to a ball and finding a prince, of a girl in village who takes her fathers place in a castle by a prince turned beast, to a princess raised in a forest raised by fairies and cures to sleep on her 16th birthday until she was awakened by True Love's Kiss. Our fairy tale was a little different than the fairy tales were told as children, but it was and still is a fairy tale. This is how I knew I loved my very own Prince Charming, and the start to my very own Happily Ever After.

Characters: Harry, Meghan.

Pairings: Harry/Meghan.

POVs: First person.

Chapter count: 1.

As children, we're told stories of girls going to a ball and finding a prince, of a girl in village who takes her fathers place in a castle by a prince turned beast, to a princess raised in a forest raised by fairies and cures to sleep on her 16th birthday until she was awakened by True Love's Kiss. Our fairy tale was a little different than the fairy tales were told as children, but it was and still is a fairy tale. This is how I knew I loved my very own Prince Charming, and the start  to my very own Happily Ever After.

The first time I fell in love with Harry, we'd only been together a few months and he asked me to go to Botswana, Africa, with him for two weeks and I said yes, luckily we'd finished filming season 6 of Suits so I'd said yes to going with him.

The flight was filled with us laughing at one another, stories about what pranks me and my Suits family pulled between scenes, what mischief he and his brother got up to as boys and me eventually falling asleep on his shoulder.

"Meghan, wake up, beautiful." Were the words spoken in my ear by Harry as he woke me up from my hour long cat nap. I yawned and opened my eyes to see Harry staring at me with a smile on his face as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

It was hot in Botswana when we landed, but I expected it to be so I wore my denim short shorts and a slightly revealing crop white top with heeled gold sandals. Harry held my hand as we walked over to the African man who was going to drive us to the tent we were going to be staying in for the next two weeks. I gasped as it came into view: it was amazing. I squealed as Harry helped me out of the truck and led me inside: it wasn't too furnished but Harry assured me that the view and the sunset would make up for it, to which I nodded. The only thing in the tent, besides us and our luggage, was a massive bed in the middle of it. It looked extremely comfy.

Harry was right, as usual, the sunset did make up for the tent. After dinner, he had me close my eyes as he led me outside, his hands covered my eyes.

"Harry, what is all this?" I asked as he uncovered my eyes to reveal a beautiful set up of camping chairs, sleeping bags, a blazing campfire and a bottle of Champagne.

"Our first night in Botswana." My handsome boyfriend said as he helped me sit down in a purple camp chair. I gave him a smile as he opened the cold bottle of champagne. He raised his glass in a toast.

"To my gorgeous girlfriend." He toasted, I laughed.

"To my bodyguard boyfriend." I replied as we took a sip. We held our glasses in one hand and each other's hand in the other, silent as we watched the sun slip behind the horizon and watched as the blackening night sky lit up with glittering stars. I took a look at him and watched as his face lit up with a smile.

He looked so peaceful in Africa when we were away from the camera's and the demands of his grueling schedule. I knew this two week vacation with me would be a good chance to relax and I was going to make sure that he was relaxed for the whole two weeks we were there. Suddenly he turned his head to mine, and our eyes locked, and like the first time I met him, I felt my breath catch in my throat.

"Meghan," He began just as I said his name. We both laughed. Ever the gentleman, he told me to go first. I took a deep breath and looked at him, my eyes never left his.

"Harry, I know we haven't known each other very long and I have no idea where this is going to go but I just wanted to say, I love you" I got out through a rambled mess of words and stutters. I watched as Harry's smile grew wider and watched as he left his camping chair to kneel in front of me, he took my face in his warm hands and kissed me hard and deep. We were both breathless by the time he pulled away.

"Meghan, I love you too, so much." He said softly He then gently picked me up in his arms, sat down in my chair and sat me on his lap.

"I've never loved anyone like I love you, Meghan." Harry whispered as we watched the fire. I lent against him.

"I love you, Harry Windsor." I whispered once more before I yawned and Harry chuckled his warm and soft chuckle that blew his hot breath into my ear.

"Go to sleep, beautiful.'' The love of my life told me as he kissed my temple, I nodded as I snuggled into him and drifted to sleep with his arms wrapped around me, keeping me safe even as I slept.

This is my Prince Charming and my just the beginning of my Happily Ever After was the last thought I had before I fell asleep underneath the Botswana sky with Harry watching over me.

It might take you a few tries but just know this: your very own Prince or Princess Charming is out there waiting for you, you just have to kiss a few frogs first to find the start of your Happily Ever After.