Scams Again?

(Edd)

"Sock Head! Can you help me out here?!", Eddy yelled.

I sighed and looked at the blueprint. "Okay, Eddy, but I don't see why starting another restaurant will end in success. Did you recall the last time we were in this predicament?", I walked up to my short friend and helped set the table up.

"Yeah yeah, but that's when we were kids. This is different! And maybe Kevin will visit this place.", Eddy smirked at me, making me flush.

"My word! I told you many times that it is rude to talk about one's affection towards another without permission!", I scolded as I put utensils on the napkins. I heard a notification and checked my phone. "Oh my..."

"What?", Eddy asked.

I gave my phone to Eddy as he checked the notifications and proceeded to gag in his mouth.

"Marie?! Man when is that woman gonna get off your back. Did you tell her about you?"

I shook my head. "I'm afraid not. Even if I am not interested in her, I can't have her heartbroken. Not yet anyways."

There was a loud clang outside. Hopefully nothing tragic.

"You guys!", I heard Ed bursted out of the kitchen door.

"Oh greetings, Ed", I greeted. "I take it that the cooking is going swell?"

He shook his head. "No, Double Dee! The shovel accidentally hit Kevin's house!"

Uh oh.

Eddy froze. "Why did you need a shovel?! I told you to cook you-"

"YOU DORKS!", we all turned towards the pounding of the door. "I am going to kill all of you!", The voice boomed.

"Oh dear. It's Kevin.", I trembled. I always hate it when he gets upset. He can be reckless. Kevin broke through the door, making me yelp in surprise.

"Hey!", Eddy yelled. "What is your problem?!"

"The problem is that you hit my window with your shovel!", Kevin exclaimed.

"Well, Shovel Chin, we were just pulling off a scam, until you decided to ruin the fun!"

"Another?! You guys need to stop doing these things!"

"You're just jealous that our scams are better than any you'll ever make!

Kevin glared at Eddy. "Is that an bet?"

"I'm just saying that we're better.", Eddy shrugged. "But, for a Twenty, we can see who has the better scam."

"Fine! But I'll have to take Double Dork over here since I'm new to this.", Kevin looked over at me, making my face burn.

"Okay! We'll still kick your ass!"

"Language!", I scolded, but my hand was grabbed by Kevin.

"Whoever makes the most money by the end of the week gets the Twenty, deal?"

"Whatever. It just means I can get rich!"

Kevin dragged me towards his house even with my acts of protest.

I gulped. "This will not end well..."