As you were sleeping

Where would he be at this time of hour? Was the Former Duke still studying? He promised me he'd be my first dance partner at my debutante but has yet never showed up... 

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ--ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ--ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ--ˋˏ *.·

Dressing myself into a white snow gown gifted by Lady Medea due to my birthday, I set myself off on a stroll around the palace to acknowledge everyone who helped making me a fantastic birthday banquet; that is, if the Former Duke had his attendance.

After walking every hall, thanking and greeting every maid and servant, I still have yet to do one last job until a new day turns into a new morning. Writing appreciation letters to all nobles who attended in my debutante! I'm not so sure if that's a normal thing but because this was my first birthday banquet, why not lay out extra curtsey?        

Alright, I should first start off on writing to the viscount/tess, count/tess, duke/duchess.....

The list goes on. 

"Finally one last letter to write!"  I say in relief. But then, it caught my attention my last letter to write was to be sent to the Junior/Former Duke, Dekis Solon. A frown replaced my face forgetting my relief.

 Why do I feel indirectly rejected? Maybe it's because I put too much feelings on this birthday banquet... I guess he really is deep into his studies, but what can I expect? He's the Former Duke, he has to be prepared for future situations, what am I to be a distraction? If anything I should be the most irrelevant of his worries.. Ah, how selfish can I be?  

I place my head against the desk faced half way down with one eye looking at the midnight sky. For some reason, even looking at the calming night sky filled with a million sparkling stars along with a glowing moon, can make me feel more assurance than a human being.... Ahaha, well, enough of this venting, it's pretty late anyway. I should start sleeping soon.

.

.

Just as I was about to tuck myself into bed, I realized that there was one last thing I wanted to see as a gift today. 

I guess I'm too late to see it... maybe I'll write it down on a note card as a reminder for next year's day...

.

.

3rd person

A couple minutes later, a door makes a knocking sound on it's way to y/n's room. It was too late, he was too late, the day had already passed twelve, but as stubborn as he was, Dekis still had the urge find you awake or asleep, although it already came to mind which one of two you were doing...

"I guess Lady Y/n is yet to be sleeping..." Dekis whispers quietly, entering your room. Along the window with a reflection of a midnight sky, he notices a quite messy desk near his silhouette. 

Maybe if I cleaned up her desk, it perhaps would be a good enough present for her birthday? Seemingly to like the idea, Dekis walks near the desk where y/n wrote all her letters to the nobles and commoners, seeing a note card stacked upon it.

It reads:

Reminder!:

Ask the servants and guards to get information where the best place for shooting stars are viewed. Next year, make sure to go!

Huh, so she wants to see the shooting stars?  Dekis interprets. I do know a specific area to watch them....