𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲!

It's been officially one whole year since you broke up with your ex lover, Peter. The relationship wasn't messy by any means. Just...alot of dissappearing from both sides. It started out just fine. Simple dates, sleep calls, gifts, sleep overs at each other's place.

It was just right person wrong time.

Atleast that's what you told yourself.

The breakup was a harsh one. Peter came to your place late one night. You two planned a movie night at your house, since you got new speakers that can hang on the wall. The time that he was meant to be over was about 6:30 pm so you two could still have time to grab more snacks at the walmart 15 minutes away. Though he didn't show up at that time. The weather was fine, just a tad rainy. You waited a few minutes more. Then it turned into two hours.

You waited for long you started thinking if he was cheating. But peter isn't the type to. He's no playboy.

The hours stretched out far longer then they seemed to be. The seconds slowly ticking by, the minutes feeling like years as you waited on the couch. Hoping Peter would walk right to the front door with open arms.

There, on the couch you fell asleep. Dreaming away on the plush couch cushions. The TV was still running your comfort show in the background, the fairy lights on the walls had a dim glow. Everything was cleaned up nice for your lover, who still didn't show up. Until 11:49.

The buzz of your phone was infuriating. You scrambled for it, reaching over your head trying to find it without getting up. When you flashbanged yourself by accidentally turning the brightness to high. Every notification was from Peter. Text messages and spam calls. You replied to his text, even with the messed up spelling, it didn't matter. You were hungry, and still groggy from being awoken from the endless buzzing.

Peter was standing outside of your door. Holding a shopping bags filled with chips, popcorn, gummies, chocolates and soda. As much as you didn't want to. You still let him into your house.

Because he's your boyfriend...

And you love him...Right?

The night carried on almost as planned. The movie wasn't of importance but the fact that you both were sitting on opposite sides of the couch. Not saying a word, just watching and snacking on the things he bought. Peter seemed so distant, and uninterested in even being here.

Mid way through the movie, Peter asked you to pause it.

Though strange you still did it. Maybe because you were happy that you two were talking since the movie started? Or because you missed him? Whatever it was...Every other word was completely defened after hearing that Peter, wanted to break up. You couldn't really hear the reason why, but it was something along the lines of.

"I've just been really busy lately. And we both knew that this wouldn't last that long...I'm sorry."

Every sentence couldn't be completed. Every word in your head was chopped up into bits. Even if you were sad, you still politely asked him too leave.

It kinda made sense now why he brought to much food. That's how he'd make his favourite people happy. That's one of the things that made you love him in the first place.

Instead of continuing the movie, you flicked the TV off then re-downloaded the one game you promised you wouldn't return to. The download was quick as it always has been.

The app opened up, showing the company who made it and their iconic opening screen. And has luck would have it. It's your favorite character who showed.

"Obey me! If I submit you win!"

As you opened the game back up. You softly smiled, remembering the game that got you through the toughest times in your life. You remembered your old ocs, the  cringe fanfics you wrote, the art you made....It was nice to have that feeling of comfort again.