Untitled Part 1

Prologue

July 4, 2004

​A sleek 2003 C Class Mercedes Benz crept to a stop at the K&W Fast Stop. Karen Price and her baby sister Sheridan had been looking for a barbeque in the hood where they knew they would run into some ballers. It's not that they were fucked up about money or anything. Their father Lucas Price was plugged in. He had bought his pride and joy Karen the Mercedes that she drove around flossing in as a graduation gift. In spite of his warnings to his young daughters to stay out of the hood, Karen couldn't resist.

​Daddy had this big idea that Karen would marry a doctor. Though Lucas was a well-known drug king pin, he was affiliated with some of the most affluent members of the community. Two of his best friends had sons that were in medical school, both of which had made it known that they were interested in Karen. There wasn't a man or boy around them that wasn't completely enamored with the eldest Price girl.

​Karen slid out of the black on black Benz and dropped her Cartier shades. Her mahogany skin glistened under the blistering sun. Karen's five seven frame stood atop a pair of legs that went on for days. Wrapped in a red halter top with low rise baby phat jeans hugging her hips as her purposely matched red thong peeked out of her jeans as she walked. A five-seven frame stood on top of legs that went on for days.

​Fuck those stiff ass bougie people that her father tried to force her to rub elbows with. Karen loved the hood. When they left Nassau, Karen was ten years old. Lucas had left in a cloud of smoke eager to get back to his home in Georgia. If he hadn't fell in love with Karen's mother he would have never stayed in the country so long. Staying afforded him the opportunity to run into the right people to get his drug enterprise up and running.

​He enrolled Karen and Sheridan in classes to get rid of their accents and only allowed them to use their accents when they were not in mixed company. It was like their dad was ashamed of where they had come from. Karen was proud of her heritage even when the kids would laugh at her in grade school. To her the other kids talked funny, not her.

​Although her father was making a good living driving a taxi, he was gradually building the life that he hade moved to America to live. Lucas was expanding his business under the guise of being a lowly taxi driver. By the time Karen was going to the eight grade her family had moved from the projects, to an apartment with in walking distance of her middle school, to a home that their mother and a contractor had worked together to design and build from the ground.

​The thing was Karen had grown to love their old neighborhoods. She resented that her father had snatched them away from the live that she thrived in. She was the queen among her peers. To try to keep them away from the life and the people that afforded them their lavish lifestyle, Lucas would pick the girls up after school and didn't allow them to intermingle with the boisterous crowds that he thought surrounded them every day. Karen embraced everything from the drama, to the eventful lives that her peers led during and outside of school. The culture was rich and exciting. Lucas tried with all of his might to keep his daughters, especially Karen, from falling into the life that he saw many of his old friends and even family living. He didn't want his daughters to become statistics. They would go to college and learn to run businesses of their own. That's the only part of the plan that Karen liked. She wanted her own money.

Karen liked to frequent this particular corner store because she was almost guaranteed to bump into one of the corner boys. Karen and her sister Sheridan would cop weed from them. None of the runners were directly connected to her father so word was less likely to get back to him. Even though Karen was in college she would sneak home to hang out in the hood. Of course word always got back to her daddy. Good thing Karen had him wrapped around her finger or he would have cut her off for her constant disobedience long ago.