~4~

JADE'S POV

I woke up and felt a presence under me. I saw a toned chest and abs under my face. I looked up and saw Aiden still asleep and he was snoring. He was actually really cute. I do need to confess my feelings for him. I sat up and was about to get out of bed but I felt hands wrap around my waist and pull me back. "Ahh..." I screamed a little. "Stay..." I hear him say in his sexy morning voice. I giggle and turn to face him. "Aiden...I got to get up and get dressed." I say to him. "No...you leave soon right? So if I just keep you here...you can't go..." I blush as his hands held my waist. "I would love to stay but I have to go..." He whines and buries his face in my chest. I giggle and place my hands on his back. We cuddled for a bit until I pushed him off. "We should really get ready and go downstairs before someone starts to wonder where we are." I say to him. He sighs and gets up slowly. I do too and grabbed clothes to change into. I go to the bathroom and got ready for the day. I came out of the bathroom and Aiden had put on his shirt. We both headed downstairs.

 We both headed downstairs

The moms were all in the dining room with Robbie and Gloria. Bean was watching Becky who was taking care of the bird. I sit next to Becky. "hey, how is he doing?" I asked her. "Good." I look over at Aiden who was scowling at all the food. It didn't smell good that's for sure. I can't imagine what it looks like. "Where is dad?" I asked the group. "Oh, they went to spread the coach's ashes. They should be back soon." Sally said to me. I nod and went outside after kissing Becky's head. I went down to the bridge again and dipped my feet in the water. Aiden joined me. "Jade...I need to tell you something." He says to me as he dips his feet in also. "Sure. What is it?" He looks ahead at the water. "Ever since you showed up I..." He was cut off by loud music playing. We turn and saw our dads coming back up dancing to music. Eric had a KFC bucket on his head. 

We then heard a car pull up and a tall gorgeous blonde got out of the car. "Hi, dad." She says to the guys. All the dads looked dumbfounded except for Robbie who went up to her. I look at Aiden and he was looking at her. I felt my heart sink a little. He liked her. I mean she was gorgeous. I got up and walked back to the house. "wait, Jade." I hear from behind me. I turn to him. "Go gawk at her like they are," I say to him. "What? No...I want to gawk at you." I look at him. "What?" He grabs my hand. "I want to watch you." I smile at him. We sat on the porch and watched and laughed at our dads. We laughed at each other. I do like him but how do I say that? "Hey what were you saying earlier?" I asked him. "Oh...um...it was nothing." He says looking away from me. 

AIDEN'S POV

I was going to tell her how I feel but for some reason, I can't find the right words. I guess I could tell her without words but I don't want to get rejected. I've been rejected before. We stayed outside for a while and before we knew it the sun was going down. We headed inside and Greg was complaining about not having his cellphone to Andre. "I have a great idea," Jade says to me. She grabs my hand and we grab a bunch of cups and string. "Man, I remember doing this at like sleepovers and stuff with friends," I say to her. She smiles. "Same. Come on let's get the kids." We headed to the kid's room and on the way there we saw Becky heading there also. "hey becks, let's go." Jade says grabbing her sister's hands. We enter and showed the kids how to set it up. They were having fun with it. It got really loud in the room. It was filled with laughter and odd noises. 

Lenny came in. "I thought we had a deal." He says as he opens the door. He looks at us. "Are the cup phones?" He asked and Jade smiles. "Yeah cool huh? Jade taught us. Check out Becky's" Keithie says from under the bed. "Hi, dad. I have a cup waiting." She says putting one cup to her mouth. "Hold on, I'll have to call you back I'm on with SpongeBob." I chuckled at her and we heard Curly bark into a cup. Bean popped out from in a chest. "Was that a turkey?" He says into his cup. Lenny made his way to the bathroom after Greg asked Andre if he could hear him. He grabbed the cup from him and talked into it. "Attention children. There has been a request from the phone company. Can you please install cup phones in every adult bedroom right away?" The kids all jump up and run to do that. Jade and I stayed there. Lenny smiles at us. "Good idea kid. I knew I taught you well." Jade smiled that gorgeous smile again. 

I got up and grabbed her hand. "Come on," I say to her. "Where are we going?" She asked me. "Just trust me." I pull her out of the room following after Lenny. We made our way outside and out to the bridge and the lake. I took off my shirt and my shorts. She watches me. "What?" I asked her. "What are you doing?" I smile at her. "I don't know about you but a swim sounds nice right?" I took a couple of steps back and ran into the lake. She laughs. I come up from the water and shake my head to get the hair out of my face. "Come on," I say to her. She starts to take off her clothes and was left in just her underwear and ran and jumped in too. "Oh, it's cold." She says as she comes up. I chuckle at her. I grab her arm and pull her close but then dunk her under the water. She comes back up. "Aiden!" She splashes me and I chuckle and splash back. We played around for a bit. She looks at me and I look at her. "Jade...?" She turns to face me. "Yeah?" I come closer and reach up and move the hair out of her face. I tucked it behind her ear. She smiles at me and her cheeks turned red. 

"I...uh, I really like you. Like I mean I really, really like you. Ever since I saw you at the funeral...you are so beautiful and I never met anyone like you." I say to her. She smiles at me. "Hey, Loverboy?" I look at her. "Just kiss me already." I chuckle and held her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her. She grabs my arms and our lips touched. It felt like magic, like fireworks. A big bolt of electricity went right through my whole body as our lips moved in sync. Her tongue danced around mine. I moved my hands to her waist and hers went around my neck. Her hands ran in my hair. 

We finally broke apart and we stared at each other. She was redder than a tomato and I think I might have been as well. We both smile and got out of the water. She grabbed her clothes and then grabbed mine and took off with them. "Hey!" I call out to her. She was laughing and looked back at me. "Come and get me loverboy." She took off inside and before I could catch up to her she shut the door. "Jade. Open up." I say banging on it. I felt the door open and I went in shutting it. I didn't see her anywhere. "Jade?" I said aloud. "Jade where are you?" I looked around for her. I felt someone jump on my back and I grabbed their legs. "Hi" I heard them whisper in my ear. She hopped down and I turn to her. She was smiling at me. "Cute," I say and went to get some clothes. We both changed and got in bed. "So what are we?" She asked aloud. "Whatever you want to be," I say to her. She turns to me and I turn to her. She leans in to kiss me. I kiss back. "I really like you Aiden." 

I know this chapter is a little short but it was sort of a filler. Jade and Aiden are finally together though. I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying this story. Updates are going to be a little slow but will get through this. But I want to thank all of you for reading my story. It's exciting that you guys saving it and voting it. It means a lot to me. Thank you so so so much.