Surviving Number 8. Part 1.

TW: This story contains extreme graphic violence/physical & mental abuse, eating disorders, depression, heavy angst, blood, vomiting, torture.
—-

"No! All of the rooms are already taken!" Jungkook shouted at his manager from the other side of the conference table. The maknae was already sweating with anxiety. It wasn't like him to yell, especially not at authority, but he was panicking.

He didn't want a new band member.

None of them did.

But Manager Junso just dropped the bomb on the group that they would be getting one whether they liked it or not.

"We've been a band of seven for going on four years, we can't just be given a new member," Namjoon protested. As the groups leader he had been trying his hardest to stick up for his team. They had all expressed that none of them wanted an 8th member. They were already a close knit family, anyone else was just an intruder at this point.

Junso ignored Namjoon's comment. "I trust you guys can figure out the living arrangements, your house is big enough," Junso replied to Jungkook.

That much was true, the members did have a big house. It was located on the edge of the mountains, had an in-ground pool, a basketball court, there were ATV trails through the woods. It was paradise for them.

Paradise that they had earned and worked hard for as a group of seven.

Their arrangements had been set in stone from the moment they moved in. As the two oldest, Jin and Yoongi both had their own rooms. Taehyung and Jungkook shared a room. Namjoon, Jimin, and Hobi were also roommates.

They only had those four bedrooms which meant taking in another person would also ruin that arrangement.

"Just because it's big enough doesn't mean we want him." Jimin frowned and crossed his arms.

"Now boys, as I've already explained to you once, this will be great for you. It will bring new energy to this team, a new dynamic. It can take you to so many new places," Junso told them with a smile. He had a trainee named Ky-Shi who had been practicing for months. Junso decided he'd be perfect for a group, and his perfect group would be BTS.

"We don't need new energy, we already have Hobi hyung," Taehyung said. All of the members looked at Taehyung and nodded. They agreed with him.

"Why our band? Why not stick him in someone else's band?" Yoongi asked, "Maybe a band that isn't as established as us yet? I mean what would ARMY think? What if they don't like it?"

"With his visuals and his dance style and singing style, he will fit best with you guys. And ARMY will just have to accept it. As long as you guys make a great team, I'm sure they will love it," Junso replied.

"But what if we don't make a great team?" Jin asked, "What if he's not a good team player? We've all worked hard to understand eachothers needs and wants these past few years. It may come naturally now, but it didn't at first. "

"Well then sounds like you guys will know how to handle that all on your own, won't you?" Junso replied. Manager Junso was getting a little bit irritated. He'd already made the arrangements and signed Ky-Shi into the band.

"You did that before even talking to us first?!" Namjoon yelled.

"I was on a time crunch, and not to mention, this is the companies decision. You guys can cry and complain all you want, but at the end of the day you really just have to suck it up," Junso said. The members sat there speechless. They knew their manager could be a bit of a jerk sometimes but this seemed pretty low even for him.