...we went too far...

it was an overall pretty night, stars scattered across the sky like a canvas, using white paint on a toothbrush. Updike was sitting at his workdesk, rubbing his temples as he had his eyes closed, face turned downward to his desk. paperwork was everywhere, every one about a different kind of creature. one of them he actually had a relationship with surprisingly enough, though never let that be known throughout his task force. he opened his laptop to check something before closing it again and getting up, planning to leave. he brushed himself off and looked in a mirror he had in the corner of his office to make sure his fluff looked good, then the cloudy figure left, going down in the elevator that led to the first floor. he checked out for the night and left, driving off. he reached an alleyway and pulled into an area big enough to hold his car from being seen from anyone, then got out and quickly hurried into said alleyway. "Whitmore?" he called out softly, his british accent strong. his eyes scanned the area, beginning to travel deeper until he saw a soft orange glow. he gave a relieved sigh, hurrying to it. "i've missed you dearly, Whitty," he whispered with a small, warm smile. the bomb-headed figure, named Whitmore, or Whitty, hugged Updike, purring. "m-missed.. too," he replied, also in a whisper. he had a bit of trouble with speaking, so he didn't do so much. Updike hugged back and let go gently, going onto his tip-toes to give a gentle kiss to the bomb's cheek. Whitty smiled sheepishly, Updike giving a chuckle in a response to that as he watched the other's face go a little orange, his own going slightly blue. oddly enough though, the pair seemed to be forbidden. this bomb was one of the creatures Updike was meant to be after, but instead he caught feelings, likewise with Whitty. the two started walking, Updike holding Whitty's hand in a gentle grasp to comfort him. they conversed, Updike mostly talking as Whitty, once stated before, had trouble with talking. after a moment the two stopped, mid-alleyway. Updike looked up at Whitty, deep into the bomb's glowing eyes. "you're the most special creature i've ever known," he said, smiling. "i love you," he added.
suddenly...
BANG!
...
BANG BANG!!
Whitty stood in shock for a moment, then fell and hit a wall, pain going everywhere throughout his body. Updike immediately got down to his knees and stayed at his side, holding him close. tears welled in his eyes, brows furrowing in anger as he turned his gaze to who had shot Whitmore. "what.. have you.. done..?" he asked; no answer, the silhouette in the moonlit alleyway silent and close to unmoving. Updike asked again, enunciating. "what.. have.. you.. DONE?!" his voice rose in anger, tears falling down his cheeks quickly as he glared at the womanly figure. Whitty had stifled breaths, gasping for air as orange bl00d flooded out from his gunshot wounds, impaled deeply. two in his chest and one in his stomach. Updike glanced at Whitty in remorseful worry, just hoping he could somehow survive this. "d-don't go- stay with me y-you're okay- Whitty- please-.." he muttered, loud enough for the dying bomb to hear. he quickly turned his head back up at the figure. his eyes were cold and icy, anger seething through his body as he started to turn gray. the womanly figure spoke up. "i had to, you've betrayed us, Gabriel, having a secret relationship with a deadly creature, possibly protecting it. you-" Updike cut her off quickly, thundering. "YOU WOULDN'T KNOW!" he growled, fluff puffing up as he grew to a darker gray and thundered more. "he has a bomb for a head, yes. but if you would take the real time of trying to get to know him.." he growled, looking down at Whitty. "Wh-.. Whitmore.. i-i'm so-.. sorry.." he felt his hand get grabbed weakly, looking at Whitty again with wide, worried eyes. "..n-...no.. wo-.. worry.. i-i-.. always....b-be...w-wi.. with...y-.. you.." and then slowly, the last black tears going down his cheeks, his eyes closed, the glow completely gone from them. he fell limp in Updike's arms, exhaling one last time as his hand dropped from Updike's. there was a long moment of silence before a sob was heard, followed by a shaky inhale and then another gunshot. the woman left, blowing on her pistol as she merely glanced at the newly added blue bl00d on the alleyway wall. Updike lie motionless next to Whitmore.