3 - NO WAY

Stephanie followed Derek, Rossi, and Ashley out to the team to see them standing around a glass white board

Stephanie followed Derek, Rossi, and Ashley out to the team to see them standing around a glass white board. There were pictures plastered up. Spencer began to explain as he placed a picture of a victim on the board. "Meet our first confirmed victim, Dr. Samantha Cormick. Since her DNA profile was already developed, we were able to save a couple of days." "So he dumps here and hunts in Charleston." Stephanie interjected, causing Spencer to look up at her. Her face quickly became hot, and she looked down at the floor, Derek noticing his younger sister.

Derek cleared this throat before continuing. "Tourist spot. Larger victim pool." Agent Hotchner spoke up. "It's a 250-mile trip back here. It's a lot of exposure." Rossi added. "Torture takes time and privacy, and disarticulation is a mess." Spencer spoke up yet again and Stephanie's full attention was on him. "You know, he could have a mobile torture chamber in his truck or trailer. We've seen that before." Derek added, "Or maybe he doesn't drive at all. He could do it all from his boat."

Spencer began to speak again, and as he spoke he glanced around the room and looked at everyone, glancing at Stephanie twice. "Well, if he gets them on board in Charleston and sails them out here, he would have time for both." Stephanie spoke up. "And nobody would even notice a fisherman tossing chum into the water."

Agent Hotchner received a call and walked away, leaving Derek, Spencer and Stephanie. Spencer quickly spun around and was in his own world as he was studying the board. Derek pulled Stephanie off to the side. "What was that?" He questioned her in a hushed tone. "What? Nothing!" Derek pointed at Spencer, then at his sister. "No way. Nuh-uh. Not pretty boy." He pointed out to the girl, causing her to blush slightly.

She softly smiled at her brother. "Don't worry, big brother. I can handle it."

Her brother simply stared at her in disbelief and he walked back over to Spencer, Agent Hotchner coming back as well and clicking a button on his phone to put Penelope on speaker. "We've got more information about the unsub's boat. It might help you narrow your list." He speaks.

"Okay, bring it!" She responds.

"Can you give us boats with cabins, large enough to hide a torture chamber?" Derek asked instantly. "Torture chamber? Because that would, yeah, totally be listed in the manufacturer's specs of amenities." Penelope retorts. Spencer puts his hand up to speak. "Try cabin dimensions. Start at 10 by 10 feet and cap it at 30."

"That is totally gonna take forever because I gotta go record by record. You are lucky I love you. Bye." A click comes from the other end of the phone, and it ends. Agent Hotchner shoves his phone in his pocket. "We need to go back to the families and see who else got a postcard. This might finally be a link to victimology."

"Sending goodbye postcards as a ruse is a gamble. Even if written under duress, the victim could sneak their own message into it." Stephanie adds. Spencer looks up to her then back down to the postcard he held in his hands. "I don't think this was written under duress.You said Dr. Cormick wasn't taking medication for Parkinson's, right? Look at her handwriting." He says, handing the postcard to Stephanie. "No indication of tremors or shaking." Stephanie points out.

Stephanie hands the postcard to Spencer, and he grabs it, and informs the group, but he is speaking to Stephanie."There's a drug called trilamide. In minute doses it treats Parkinson's, but its main use is for seasickness."

"Something a fisherman would have access to. And criminals in South America. Intel reports say they figured out a high dose makes the victim totally compliant." Derek points out. "Yeah, they slip it in your drink or blow the powder in your face and nasodermal absorption's almost immediate. You're instantaneously susceptible to any suggestion. There have been reports of locals letting thugs into their apartments to rob them, even helping them load the getaway trucks." Spencer adds.

Derek hands Stephanie another postcard. "We got four more postcards. Samantha makes five." Stephanie says, walking over next to Spencer and pinning it on the board next to him. "Any patterns geographically?" Agent Hotchner asks.

"Geographically, each victim was from a different state." Spencer informs. "But they all went missing from Charleston?" Agent Hotchner asks. "Two of them did. It seems that the other three were mailed from Miami." Stephanie responds quickly. "He's bouncing between two cities?" Agent Hotchner questions. "You know, Miami makes a lot of sense. It's a coastal town with a lot of tourists." Spencer blurted. "And by alternating hunting grounds, he ensures that neither city pays too much attention to people going missing." Derek announces. "But why these five? What connects them?" Agent Hotchner asks.

"Right now it's just the postcards. They may be the Rosetta Stone that we need." Stephanie says. "You know, the victims write the postcards, but the unsub dictates the message. He might have revealed something about himself through them." Spencer adds to what Stephanie had just said.

"Start a linguistic profile. Stephanie, stay here and help him. We need to sit down with the people who got these postcards." Agent Hotchner commanded.

❦----SAVINGHARRINGTON SPEAKS !nothing much this chapter! hope you liked it!

nothing much this chapter! hope you liked it!