Chapter 1

~Steves PoV~

Steve woke up, a cold sweat soaking his shirt. His body shook as he looked down at his quivering hands as he desperately tried to catch his breath.

"Another night, another nightmare..." He mumbled to himself as he groggily rubbed his eyes and rose from his bed.

His legs had gone weak, and he had slight trouble walking, but nonetheless he walked to the bathroom.

Steve stood at the sink, looking at his pale face and messy hair. Turning on the faucet, he cupped his hands and splashed his face with water, wincing at its coldness.

He wanted to call Munson, to make sure he was ok (in his nightmare, something had happened to Eddie), but he shook the thought off. It was 2 in the morning. It's not like Eddie would be awake at this hour. Well, maybe he would be.

Steve sighed as he walked over to his house phone, dialing in Eddie's number, which he knew by memory. He listened to the dial, before he heard Eddie pick up.

"Steve?" Eddie said, yawning into the phone.

"Look, I'm sorry for waking you up.... I just- wanted to make sure you were ok." Steve said, a worried edge to his voice as he spoke.

"Yep, I'm peachy. Doin' great." He replied. wondering why Steve needed to know that he was okay.

"That's all I needed to know. I'm sorry for waking you up." Steve said, sighing as he felt slightly bad.

"Nah, it's fine! I was up practicing guitar anyways. I have a big show in a couple days, so that's why." Eddie said, humming as he waited for Steves answer. He desperately wanted for Steve to come to his concert.

"Oh, cool. I'll talk to you later, I have work tomorrow." Steve responded, hanging up the phone as he wanted to go back to sleep.

He walked to his room, yawning as he climbed back in bed. He had lost a lot of sleep recently, due to the reoccurring nightmares he had. What was in them made his stomach turn, and he hated sleeping but that was all he needed right now. He closed his eyes, falling asleep.

(Authors note)

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading this fanfic! This is my first time writing one, lol. I appreciate feedback, so feel free to give me constructive criticism. Sorry for how short this is, I'll make the next chapters longer. I will try to post a chapter a day! It's pretty hard doing this and juggling a YouTube channel too. But this is super fun to write, so I will definitely continue writing this! Thank you so much for readingg <33!!!