First Day of Classes

Emily Dobson was skipping down the sidewalk while dancing to the music playing in her headphones. A bright smile showed on her face. She looked back at her best friend Sawyer Sharbino who was just a few feet away.

"Let's go, slow-poke." She called. "I'm already late."

"Sorry, I can't walk at your speed." Sawyer looked a bit out of breath by the time he caught up to Emily. "Ever thought of trying out for track?"

"No, but I'll try to make the varsity dance team. I hope I get it."

"You push yourself too much, Em." Sawyer said. "Try relaxing sometimes."

Emily laughed. "You know the girls and I like to walk together to class on the first day of school, so we need to hurry."

"Yeah, yeah. Pemilliana." Sawyer sighed. "Can't ya'll come up with a better ship name? Like- Emily, wait up!"

Sawyer rushed behind Emily, who was giggling all the way to school.

----------------------

Emily's best friends, Piper and Elliana, were waiting for her at the entrance. Students were passing by as if ignoring them. Piper and Elliana didn't care. They only needed their friends; Emily, Jentzen, Lev, and Brighton to be happy.

"My sister started taking this photography class during the summer." Piper said. "Now she takes pictures for the school newspaper. Check it out."

Piper gave her phone to Elliana who examined the photo closely. 

"When did you get a phone?" Elliana asked.

"During the summer."

"Do all of our friends have one except for me?"

Piper took her phone back and began texting. "I have no clue. Let me check the group chat."

"There is a group chat!?" Elliana spotted a blonde haired girl not far from where they were standing. "Jenna!"

"Who's Jenna?" Piper asked.

"I met her at dance camp." Elliana rushed to Jenna and embraced her.

"Hi, Ellie." Jenna turned to Piper. "You must be Piper. Ellie told me a lot about you... and Emily. Isn't there a ship name you guys have?"

"Yeah it's-" Elliana was interrupted as Piper cut in.

"Pemilliana." 

Piper analyzed Jenna up and down as if whether or not to approve of her. It wasn't uncommon to see Piper skeptical of letting new people in her friendship circle, ever since last year's events. 

"Yeah. I also heard about the dance you guys did when you were seven." Jenna said. "Along with the friendship necklaces."