In the home of an inventor.

A chorus of Grinding gears and clicking of shoes on rusted metal sky platforms filled the air around the diamond adorned man draped in dark silken robes. His apparel far to expensive for a rustic copper city powered by steam and coal. Tall metal and wood towers loomed above him, metal and rope bridges connecting them seemingly at random. Entire off shoot rooms groaned and creaked as they scaled up and around the walls they we're connect to. Factories, houses and mechanical vehicles bellowed smoke and steam into the air around them, the yellowing sky made the grays clash with each over in a silken display of grandeur. The only thing daring enough to interrupt the display were the hulking hulls of ships held in the sky by massive balloons and sails.

The streets were loud to say the least, people, monsters and hybrids alike shouted and bardered over small goods and spare parts. They would race and grab hold of the sides of passing wagons or spider like cars and hull themselves up to catch a ride. The smell of copper and smoke ever present in the air, it tangled with that of fresh dye and spices. It clung to the cloths and people who wandered and lived the streets of the lively city. The smell of the metropolis bringing comfort and life to those born into it, those new to it could easily feel suffocated by the pure strength of it.

As did the short gemrul draped in black and ocean blue. The smell was enough to give him a headache, and that it did. The gem encrusted man wanted no more than to return to his capitals ship and take the long return home. Back to the much calmer city he called his, back to the grand dark stone arches and mahogany walls of the kingdom, the town that went about it's quite chatter in disciplined tranquility. But he couldn't, not after coming this far in his search, he had a plan and he refused to stand down from it till the end in a powerful show of determination. Or perhaps just stubbornness.

The tan man had had time to skhower the area well enough to have a vague idea of his position. He couldn't be sure though, the streets seemed to twist and wonend like a catacomb and stacked on top of each other to build layers of sky paths and buildings spanning over head. With a huff he pushed onwards, pride to big to ask for directions to such a simple destination. In the time he has walked he hasn't seen a single guard or patrol, was the ruler of the kingdom so incompetent that they didn't know how to set up a guard tower or two, or was he so fathfull in his people that he had become blind? He couldn't help but scoff at the thought, leaning more towards the latter, itching absently at one of the diamonds grown from his cheeks like freckles.

He could feel the air cling to his cloths as he continued his march through the streets, thick and far to warm, climbing some dead end stairs to get a better view point of his surroundings. For such a distinctive place it sure was hard to pick out among the sea of equally extravagant buildings.

The gemrul gasped and grasped onto the railing as the ground below him jostled an startled to ascend the connected building's wall, the metal vibrating below his boots. The stair continued to raise for a bit till they collided with a second set leading up to a platform, he practically jumped to the platform, never wanting to experience the hell stair again.

Scanning the area he found himself on thin path of metal that snaked through and in between nooks and wholows where sidewalks and paths couldn't get to from below. If anyone asked he planed that, he huffed a quick laugh at his victory. He was tired from all the walking but he couldn't just sit in the street to rest, or well, sky platform. He wasn't about to become as low as the scum that roamed these streets. He grunted as he pushed on, following twists and sharp corners in a general Direction.

Navigation was far easier from above and before long he could see the massive clock tower of his destination, well clock tower would be an understatement. It was as if someone had taken three clock towers and turned them into some odd amalgamation of tower, clock, and gravity defying ports and rooms.