❀ Care ❀

Continued...

Both Roja and Arjun's eyes met. Arjun instantly remembered Roja's proposal the previous day and turned away. He wiped a small teardrop. Roja too felt guilty for hurting Arjun's feelings and out of guilt, she couldn't meet his gaze. She too lowered her eyes.

Arjun quickly walked away unable to stand there any longer. After ARJUN left, Roja thought to herself

"Cha. Naa Romba avasara pattuten. Avar manasula enna irukku nu theriyama palagina konja naal laye propose panniten. Avar Ippothan Enna oru nalla friend ah accept panni irukkaru. Nethu Avarode varthaigal laye Athu therinjidhu. Avar manasula etho oru kaayam irukku. Namma friendship athukku maruntha irukkum nu nenachu irukkaru. Aana Naa Antha kaayatha athigama kaaya paduthiten"

Arjun went inside his room and settled down. Already there were many sick, crying children waiting for his treatment, with their parents/guardians. He had to tend to them. So forgetting his personal life completely, he got engrossed in treating them as usual.

An hour later, ARJUN felt slightly tired and weak. It was unusual as arjun never felt like that before. But still he didn't take it too seriously. He continued to treat his patients. However as time passed...ARJUN realised that he wasn't normal.  He felt himself and knew that he had a fever. He quickly wore his mask so that his little patients don't get infected because of him.

Arjun thought to himself -
"Lighta fever irukku. But athukaga Namma rest edukka koodathu. Inniki Especially neraiya appointments irukku. Paavam, Inniki vera paediatrician um illa. Antha Pinju kozhandainga Enna nambi thane irukku. Enakku oru light fever, but anga evlovo kozhandainga romba udambu mudiyama irukkanga. Namma mask pottachu. Yarukum ethuvum paravathu. So Namma paatuku Namma velaiya pappom"

However things didn't turn out as expected for Arjun. He became weaker and weaker but still held on with determination.

Meanwhile, one of the doctors called Roja to run an errand for her. Roja hurried to do it.

Arjun was having a tough time. He could barely stand but managed to check the kids sitting and wrote medicines on a sheet of paper. However at one point of time, his health gave up. He fainted whilst checking a small 5 year old girl.
Roja was just walking past Arjun's room after finishing the work the doctor had asked her to do. She saw that ARJUN had fainted through the half open door. She quickly rushed inside

Roja panicked seeing Arjun faint and called for help

"Doctors! Please Inga vaanga. Dr. Arjun ode room ku immediately vaanga"

A few patients who were there in his room went outside and brought a few docs to his room. Roja gently tended to ARJUN. She held his head in her palm and felt him. She felt her heart sink when she realised that he was burning. Without wasting another second, she took the thermometer from the drawer and checked his temperature. It was 104F! Roja's heart nearly skipped a beat!

Just then some doctors came in to treat Arjun.

A few mins later....

Arjun was made to lay on a bed. He had regained consciousness too. Roja was standing close to him along with a couple of other nurses. She was really really worried for him.

Arjun's weak gaze fell on Roja.
He was kinda surprised to see her as he didn't expect her to be there next to him, after the previous day's incident.

Just then, ARJUN remembered his patients.

"Oh no! I was checking some children. I feel unconscious midway while doing so. Where are my patients?"