Chapter 1

Ji Cheng was pushed suddenly by a strong hand, causing him to tumble and fall to the floor. He groaned, feeling the painful sting on his cheeks caused by the impact. His mind was in a mess and his vision was blurry, his moans of pain quickly turned into those of silence.

He had passed out.

After a few minutes of unconsciousness, Ji Cheng woke up to the sound of people talking. He lay there motionless on the marbled floor, his head still dizzy. Even though his mind was still a bit tipsy, it was nevertheless somewhat clearer than before.

"A present for you, Your Majesty." Said a crude-sounding man.

Since he had his head faced down to the floor, Ji Cheng couldn't see anything, but he could've swore he felt someone's gaze lingering on his body.

"The hell am I supposed to do with him?" Another voice sounded, but this time it was deeper, as well as filled with raw arrogance and contempt.

The previous man coughed lightly, small beads of sweat falling down on his forehead, "This is one of the many who were imprisoned in New Pragos just last week, Your Majesty. This one's beauty happened to catch everyone's eye, so th-the Marquess thought to offer him to you as a personal servant."

Ji Cheng's body shivered, dreading what the words 'personal servant' really mean. Despite his distressing thoughts, he merely stayed silent while the two continued to talk.

"The Marquess?" He sneered, "Why don't you tell your master not to worry too much about my personal affairs? I'm sure he has enough on his plate dealing with the North's state, isn't that right?"

The man smirked once again as he watched the Marquess' subordinate sweating bullets, "Also, tell him not to give me any more of his 'presents'. I don't want him to think that I'm taking advantage of his wonderful generosity." He added, emphasizing the last word.

The Marquess' subordinate nodded hesitantly, suddenly picking up the silent Ji Cheng from the back of his shirt's collar, making Ji Cheng yelp. As he was about to drag him out the door, the man referred to as 'His Majesty' raised his hand, stopping the Marquess' subordinate's movements.

"Leave him." He ordered.

Ji Cheng looked up, finally able to see the man's appearance.

He had hair that was as white as snow, and two different colored eyes, black on the left and blue on the right. His gaze held the same kind of arrogance as his tone of voice from earlier. He was sitting on a majestic looking chair, gazing at the two men in front of him with coldness.

Even the way he sat screamed 'Bow to me!' Ji Cheng couldn't help but feel intimidated.

"Y-Your Majesty... Does that mean-?"

"I said leave him." He ordered once again.

The Marquess' subordinate nodded agressively and 'gently' let go of his grip on Ji Cheng's collar, which in turn made Ji Cheng fall to the ground with a thud.

The Marquess' subordinate scurried out through the large iron doors of the throne room and quickly disappeared.

Ji Cheng looked up once again, obvious fear present in his brown-colored eyes.

The king looked at him with slight curiousity, before slowly beaming a smile.

"Now what shall I do with you?"

A/N: This is quite short isn't it. Sorray. Also I have not edited any of this so if there are any grammatical errors for example, I apologize.