The Mermaid

My parents and me went to the local Aquarium they were having a competition about who could stay in the pool the longest with the mermaid. If they did they won a prize. Everyone got to go in free too so really anyone could win. Any one at all.

So my parents wanted to try and they wanted me to try too. Even though I really didn't want to go they peer pressured me into it. When we got there, there was a lot of people already in the water. But something didn't feel right, it all felt sorta suspicious.

I then told my parents, "I refuse. I'm not getting in this water". So then I went over to this couch bench thing near the water and sat down. But something still felt VERY wrong. Then people started to leave the pool. Some were seriously injured and had to be carried out cause they were bit by something. But I thought "It cant be the mermaid he's to playful and seems to be having fun swimming and playing with everyone." But more people kept leaving the premises.

I still felt that weird feeling of suspicion. Then the mermaid started to swim up to me. He looked really attractive his skin was a smooth milky color and his Dark midnight blue eyes shown with a kindness but also a mysterious side. His wet shaggy midnight blue hair parted down the middle and he had plump pink lips that looked so soft that if he were to kiss someone they would fall in love with the kiss and him. And his nose looked like you could boop it over and over again. He wasn't wearing a shirt so I could clearly see his defined abs that were the same shade of smooth milky color as his face, and his tail was the same color as his hair he had but it looked so different at the same time it was the prettiest midnight blue I had ever seen and it shimmered in the water more than the water did more than a disco ball could. His finger nails were sharp and it had me a little worried but at the same time I was also entranced by the rest of him.

I pulled myself out of my daydream before he got to me though. But once he got up to me he just kinda looked at me for a bit, with his hand resting on his face in a flirty way, with his pointer and middle finger resting across his lips. His eyes shown a seductive glow in them despite the kindness that was in them earlier when he was playing and swimming with everyone else. Then he moved his fingers and spoke in a voice that was so smooth that it could have been honey. He had asked me, "Aren't you going to come in, its nice and cool, and I don't bite I promise." he said the last part playfully, while flashing off his sharp fangs in a supposedly friendly smile. I just kinda chuckled at his little joke. But part of me still had the funny feeling, and wasn't sure if he was joking or not despite his friendly smile. And even though I was tempted to get in because he had me infatuated for that second I declined. "no I don't think I am just yet." I still couldn't shake that funny feeling. He then said, "I hope you come in eventually." then he swam back over to everybody else, but he kept staring at me every now and then.

Not long after the encounter with the mermaid there were only two people in the water my Father and some random person I didn't know. I had no idea were my mother was but I never saw her leave but then I realized a lot of people had disappeared so I just thought they might have left while I wasn't looking. So my mom probably went to the car or to change or something. I finally decided to get in the water because it would probably be my last chance to get in. So I went to put my swim suit on and got in.

I didn't stay above water long because I saw there was a ball stuck between to poles and I figured i could play with it. So I went to go get it, it was pretty far down. When I got back above to the surface the pool was empty I didn't see anyone not my father and not even the mermaid, there was nothing in the water or in sight. Then all of a sudden the lights went out so I started to swim as fast as I could back to the ladder that was in the pool. And then. . .

I make it to the ladder and quickly climb out of the pool.

For some reason I feel really exhausted so I go back over to the couch bench thing. I then lay down on it and I don't feel as terrible and I'm about to pass out when. . . . . .

I felt something or someone breathing on my neck and they said something but it was kinda fuzzy but then what they had said hit me. They had said, "gotcha". I recognized the voice it was the mermaid's voice. . . .

THE END

All the credit goes to a mysterious stranger who gave me the idea the permission and the picture.