Chapter 1

If I stood here a bit more, I probably would've melted under the sun, however being nervous makes me freeze up. The sky displayed such nice blue pastels scattered around, and I would enjoy it if it wasn't atrociously hot. Looking to the right of the building of the campus was a 7-Eleven, and although it seems to have a lot of students inside, I'd risk it all for air conditioning.
Running to the shop and opening the door, I already feel the refreshing air coursing through my veins and I heave a sigh of relief, although that relief didn't last long since some random girl my age bumped into me, I almost stumble and catch myself. I clutch my bag tighter, I doubt that was meant on purpose. Sliding my shoes onto the white tiles, I find myself leaning close to the cooler.

"Are you going to buy something?" I hear from behind me, it was a perfect time to eavesdrop so I sit still, staring at the drinks I should get for myself for our snack break.
"Huy? May bibilhin ka ba?" The voice says again, and I finally turn around to see a taller boy, black hair, and side part. Poging moreno. "Sabi ni miss 'pag wala kang bibilhin, alis ka dito."
"Yeah, I'm going to buy something!" I frantically say, looking away from his eyes and scrambling through the gray shelves then back to the cooler, pulling out a chocolate drink. The intonations of what he said sounded mean, but does it make sense when I tell myself it sounded nice? His voice was softer than other guys I've met. Who knows, maybe siya yung magiging first serious crush ko? I check the price and mutter a curse under my breath, putting it back.
"I thought you were going to buy something? You're going to leave now?"
"No, kulang akong isang peso."
"Ede... wait lang." He says, digging into the pockets of his gray slacks and hands me 5 pesos. "Keep the change." He winks. My eyes widen, shoulders rising up.

"Calvin! Nandoon ka pala, akala ko pumila ka na."
"Hindi ah, ang init." The man retreats and leaves me alone with 5 pesos. I go to the counter and hand the  money to him. He gives me a receipt and 4 pesos in return. Calvin, hm. He seems like an interesting guy, tapos pogi pa! Siguro may bago na akong crush, pero ang daming pogi sa 7-Eleven, noh? But he was the one who caught my eye the most. Parehas pa naman kaming 'C' yung initial! Celestia and Calvin? Ahh!  Cute namin. 
I took a peak outside the dark-stained windows of the shop, seeing a line already form.

"Hi! Do you want to be friends?" I turn around and see a shorter girl, her hair longer than mine and had a really nice smile plastered across her face. She looked very friendly, and seemed to be really confident. I lighten up and agree.
"Oh, yeah, sure!" I reply.
"You're a transferee, right?"
"Ah, yep. How about you?"
"Oh, no, I've already been to this school." She smiles. "Ay, baka humaba na pila." She says, opening the door. "Let's go... uh...?"
"Celestia." I say, returning a grin.
"I'm René, let's go Celestia."