✟ I ✟

It's Spring of 1987. Steve Harrington is lying on his bed late at night listening to "Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart" on his Walkman while flipping through naughty magazines. He starts to slip his hand down his pants when he hears a loud knock on his window. He quickly jumps up. He realizes that no one could have knocked on his window because his room is on the third story of his house. He convinced himself it was just the trees because it was very windy out that night and he got back into his bed. Steve was falling asleep when he was scared awake to three loud knocks on his window. He quickly sat up, startled and afraid. That's when the window opened and a gust of wind blew into Steve's room. He grabbed his bat that was lying next to his bed, and stood in a stance prepared to swing. That is when a tall, handsome, familiar figure appeared behind the waving curtains. "Steve! It's me!" The voice called out. "Eddie? Eddie Munson?" Steve asked, in confusion. Edward Munson died a year ago. He was attacked by a swarm of inter-dimensional beings called "Demobats" and died of blood loss.Indeed it was, Steve realized as he stepped into the light. Although, he looked different. He had pale skin, pointy ears, long fingers, sharp nails, red eyes, and a pair of pointy canine teeth. His hair was white with spikes of gray coming from the top of his head. He looked similar to the infamous vampire, but not nearly as scary. Eddie smiled and said, "Hello Steve."Eddie then proceeded to tell Steve about his life after death. Eddie told Steve how Vecna made him this way after he died."It's really cool being a vampire! I can fly, I'm really strong, and I do drink blood but, I try to stick to only animals. I've really missed being alive, though. How is Dustin doing? Last time I talked to him...was when I was dying...in his arms. Is he okay, Steve?" Eddie asked.Steve thought for a moment before saying anything. He had mixed feelings about the whole situation. Part of him felt like it was weird that Eddie was alive again, part of him was happy to see his friend, and another part of him was afraid that Eddie might turn evil or something. Steve's thoughts were interrupted when Eddie began to change."I need to feed. Would you mind helping me?" Eddie asked. Steve didn't say anything. Steve watched in horror as Eddie's clothes started to rip apart and blood dripped down his chest."What is happening?!" Steve backed up. "THE PAIN! MAKE IT STOP! STOP STOP NO PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM-" Eddie screamed in terror as his he fell on his knees to the floor, holding his head. He started tearing at his hair, pulling it from his scalp. Rivers of blood moved through the carpet. Steve grabbed his BB gun and ran out of his room and through the house until he got outside. He looked up at his room window and remembered that Eddie never shut the window when he came in. He turned around and saw an animal running through the woods. It was a raccoon. Steve felt bad and didn't want to shoot the animal, but then he heard demonic screaming coming from his room and knew it was the right thing to do. He shot it in the head, grabbed it by the tail, and ran upstairs.