Lab Rats: On the Edge: Part 1-2

Part I

"Well, guys, it took a while, but we finally came up with S-1's new name." Leo said as he, Jodie and S-1 walked into the common area.

"We went through hundreds before we came up with the perfect one." S-1 said.

"Oh, and don't forget, multiple arguments." Jodie added as her and S-1 gave Leo pointed looks.

"What is it?" Bree asked.

"Charlotte." "Taylor." The three said. Jodie and S-1, now Taylor, looked at Leo.

"Right, Taylor. My... second choice." Leo said with a tight smile.

"I like it." Bree smiled at the three.

"Yeah, great name." Chase said, hugging Jodie from behind.

"Eh, it doesn't really matter to me. I didn't remember your other name and I'm not gonna remember this one either." Adam said.

"Hey, guys. I have some very exciting news." Donald said as he walked over to the group of teens.

"You're finally eligible for senior citizen disounts?" Adam asked.

"No. Maybe. I don't wanna talk about it. Look... the President called and he is honoring you guys with a prestigious award for completing mission number 1,000." Donald explained.

"That's awesome. Congratulations, guys." Taylor smiled at the group of five.

"Thanks, but technically, if you count all the missions where our bionics were still a secret, the number is 2,604. But who's counting?" Chase beamed.

"You are. That's all you do is count." Bree said to her brother.

"I do not. But just for the record, thats the 53rd time you've told me that." Chase said, receiving an eye roll from Bree.

"Well, I love you for that." Jodie said, smiling up at her boyfriend.

"And that's the 40th time you've told me that." Chase said, kissing the top of Jodie's head, making the superhuman smile.

"This is going to be great! It's about time I got honored for something. So, when is this little shin-dig?" Leo asked.

"Uh, in a couple of weeks. There's going to be a big fancy ceremony on the mainland. But the President's only honoring the original team, Adam, Bree, Chase and Jo." Donald answered, gesturing to the four superhumans.

"What?! How can he do that? I go on missions with them all the time." Leo complained.

"I'm sure when they hand out awards for completing 32 and a half missions, you'll get yours." Donald said and walked away from the teens.

"It's actually 31 and a half, but who's counting?" Chase said. He kissed Jodie's temple before walking away.

***
"Jo." Leo said, as he and Taylor walked up to Jodie who was in the training area.

"Sir." Jodie answered, turning around. "And, ma'am." She continued, seeing Taylor.

"You wanna help us with something?" Taylor asked with a hopeful look.

"Ooh, I don't know-" Jodie started.

"It's something stupid." Leo said, knowing his best friend.

"You had me at 'stupid', Dooley." Jodie smiled, doing her handshake with Leo.

~~~
Out in the common area, Bree and Chase walked up to Adam. "Hey, Adam, how's the fire prevention training going?" Chase asked.

"Wait, you said fire prevention?" Adam asked as Chase nodded. A blast was then heard from a distance, an alarm soon following. "Ooh, well, it's too late to prevent that one." Adam said, then turned to the group of students. "Could you guys go out that fire out and prevent the other 15 we set?" He asked.