three.

AUGUST 11, 2021.

matt was nervous. today was evelyn's eighteenth birthday. it was also the day he was planning to formally ask her out.

the two had been hopelessly in love with each other since they met in middle school, but after years of mutual pining and obliviousness, they finally confessed their love a couple months ago. in these past few months they've been going on dates and hanging out and doing pretty much all the things that couples do.

except today, he was gonna actually as her to be his girlfriend. he had a whole plan: do a scavenger hunt. have evelyn follow clues that end all the way at his house where he's going to decorate his lawn with balloons like a birthday party and ask her out.

AUGUST 11, 2022.

this year, matt was planning to make a slideshow with all the memories he and evelyn had together. he was going to play the slideshow in the background of a backyard picnic with his laptop where they talk and kiss and watch disney movies.

of course, he can't do that now. not without giving off too much detail about memories. he appreciated evelyn offering to pretend, but it wouldn't be the same, so he declined.

today, matt was debating whether or not he should go to the hospital. evelyn was getting discharged today, so he would see her today either way. maybe he should plan a welcome home/birthday party for her.

 yeah, that's what he'll do.

IMESSAGE.

matt 😧

rory

rory

roryyyy

rory 🙂

hi matt

what's up

matt 😧

are u at the hospital rn ?

rory 🙂

no, but elle is

i'm gonna be there later with mr mallard tho

to take her home 

matt 😧

okay perfect

can u come over

to evie's