Roommates

Got the idea for this one laying awake in bed waiting for my alarm to go off.

ENJOY!

~

Roommates.

 I woke up with a sense of familiarity. I was in my bed, and I wasn't alone.

My best friend Joey was with me, the both of us a mass of elbows and knees under my covers, both of us desperately trying to keep warm in the freezing cold dorm room. The whole buildings heating system has been out for over a week now, with no sign of it being fixed anytime soon; though the school admins kept insisting it'll be fixed 'as soon as possible'.

No one had even been out to look at it for four days now. Every time one of them did, all we saw was head scratching. Joey and I had resorted to sharing a single bed for survival. It was a logical decision that hadn't even required a second thought; I had no problem with sharing a bed with him, and he had no problem with sharing one with me. We'd done it before when Joey had stayed over my house for a few weeks over summer vacation.

We'd been assigned roommates at the beginning of school, and three years on we were inseparable. I hadn't known anyone when I'd arrived, but Joey had quickly accepted me as his friend and brought me into his small group of people; Emmett and Thomas.

My alarm went off, and I turned as little as possible to shut it up. I was far too comfortable, and warm, and cosy to even consider getting out of bed right now. Joey shifted in his sleep, stirred by the blaring alarm, and tightened his grip around me, moaning in protest.

"We don't want to be late," I pointed out for both our sake's.

"Five more minutes," Joey mumbled, burying his face in my neck. I didn't need convincing as I smashed the snooze button on my phone.

I couldn't have cared less about the heating in the building being broken right now – being so completely warm and cosy in bed – except that getting out of bed meant standing up in a freezing cold room, and then having to get dressed in it. I didn't want to think about it. Five more minutes? Nah, ten more. I shut my eyes and nestled back in to go back to sleep.

Joey shifted again, his arm around me moving down to my lower back. I barely noticed it, being surprisingly used to sleeping like this already. On the first night he'd climbed into bed with me, I thought we'd keep each other awake all night, stealing the blanket, kicking each other, rolling around, but it was the complete opposite. I hadn't slept better in my entire life. I almost didn't want the heating to be fixed, just so we could stay like this.

I was so, so sleepy. Barely awake, snoozing, on the edge of drifting back to sleep; I was hardly aware of my surroundings. So comfy. So, so comfy. And so warm. I didn't want to move. They were going to have to drag me out of bed if they wanted me to come to class. I'd been dreaming something wonderful before my stupid alarm had woken me. What was it? I couldn't remember, the images were slipping away from me.

Joey mumbled something, too quiet for me to hear. I noticed then something pressed into my hip. He was semi. I hadn't considered this, but of course it was bound to happen. We'd both woken up with morning wood at some point or other. I wondered what he was dreaming about to have this reaction while clinging onto me. Clearly something perverted; maybe I was even in it?

Joey's hand slipped under the bottom of my shirt, and slid up my back slowly, his fingertips tracing my spine. My body tingled where he touched me.

Mm, it felt nice. His hand was so warm. Damn, now he'd gotten me thinking about sexy things too. Sexy dreams, day dreams, sweet fantasies, warm bodies.