17. {the christmas snowball}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"what if she doesn't feel the same way?" felicity rambled as her sister lightly placed the deep pink blush on her cheeks. "she's the best friend i've ever had, i don't want to risk ruining our friendship."

"i get you're scared, but you'll never know unless you try." jamie advised her. "and christmas is the perfect time to tell someone how you feel."

"i guess you're right. but it's not as easy as that." felicity explained. "i mean, we're both... girls."

jamie chuckled. "i know that."

felicity sighed. "not everyone is as accepting as you, jammie. if mom and dad found out, they would never speak to me ag-"

"who cares what they think?" jamie questioned, a nerve being struck at the mention of their parents. "mimi and i love you, no matter what. and we're here, they're not."

"i love you too." felicity smiled, creasing the fresh powder underneath her eyes.

"hey!" jamie chuckled. "no smiling, it ruins the makeup."

"so i won't be able to smile at the dance?" felicity joked before frowning. "i mean, i won't be smiling when max rejects me."

"don't say that fliss." jamie scolded her, "and even if she does reject you, it's better to know now rather than live with regret later."

"i just don't want to make things awkward between us." felicity admitted.

"let's make a deal." jamie began. "if you tell max how you feel tonight, i'll do something embarrassing at steve's party so we're even. how does that sound?"

steve was throwing a christmas party at his house and jamie was excited to see where the boy lived. at first, it seemed like no one was going to attend, seeing as the boy had lost nearly all his friends and his popualrity. but luckily, jamie had inspiration from tina turner and printed out beautiful christmassy flyers, convincing people to come. she even threatened billy, who was now weary of her and her rage, to tell his friends to attend. his friends, not him.

felicity laughed. "okay, deal. i'll tell her."

"that's the spirit!" jamie beamed, placing gloss onto her lips. "now get your shoes on, they boys should be here soon."

"thanks for always being there for me, jamie. i don't know what i'd do without you." felicity spoke, honestly. her sister had sacrificed everything for felicity and she didn't know how she could possibly repay her.