Your gonna be the death of me Munson...

Walking through Hawkins High halls, I kept my eyes to the ground as I made my way to the lunch room. The students at this school were like a game of Russian roulette. You have no idea what you were getting into and how it would affect you mentally, emotionally, physically, or socially.

While walking into the lunch room I snap my head up hearing the loud booming voice of one of my classmates as he shouts from on top of the table

"But as long as your into BAND or SCIENCE or... PaRtIeS or a gAME WHERE YOU THROW BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS" He yells out cupping his hands around his mouth. Another student stands up quickly, Jason your local jerky jock, "You want something freak!?" The 'freak' in question only replies by making makeshift devil horns with his fingers and letting out some strange babbling noises.

That "Freak" would be my best friend. Eddie Munson. Walking over to our table where we sit with the rest of the hellfire club I let out an audible sigh locking eyes with him as I drop my stuff on the floor next to my chair "Edward C. Munson. Get off the table right now" I cross my arms across my chest as he makes an indescribable face "Ooo the full government. I'm in trouble aren't I sweetheart" He hops off the table and takes his seat again next to me at the head of the table.

Taking my notebook and pens out of my backpack and setting them in front of me I make eye contact with Eddie "That depends Munson. Would you consider that you just did something that would get you in trouble?" I ask him. He pulls his lips into a thin line and then gives me an awkward apologetic smile. "sorry sweetheart" I roll my eyes and shake my head ever so slightly "people don't like us already. Outbursts like that will only make things worse not to mention draw even more attention to us. You know how I feel about all that attention, Eddie" He looks down at his rings playing with them as I practically scold him like a child. I sigh softly knowing I can't stay mad at him forever. "Eddie I love you. you know I do. We have been best friends since daycare. And you know I can never stay mad at you. But please be more careful. It's like a game of Russian roulette at this school. You never know when you could get hurt. And I don't wanna see anybody here getting hurt you hear me."

I hear Dustin's awe from the other side of the table. My head snaps in his direction and I saw him and Wheeler physically jump at the action. I won't pretend like that didn't make me feel a little bit more confident. "And before any one of you pipes up. It's not cute or soft. You guys are like my family. I stick up for my family whether you like it or not. You have no say in the matter either" I turn back to Eddie to see a soft smile playing on his lips "We outcasts got to sick up for each other. It's Y/N and my last year before graduation" He adds "I'm counting on you and Wheeler to look out for the new outcasts that show up at this school after we leave okay?" I've seen Eddie like this before. We know what it's like to feel like you don't fit anywhere. We built Hellfire so outcasts had somewhere they felt safe. Where we felt safe. Where we can enjoy the activities that would get us picked on by the others. Where we could be ourselves.

Dustin and Mike nod at each other. Eddie looks over at me and I catch his eye. We smile at each other for a moment before I moved my gaze to the notebook in front of me. I uncap the pen in my hand as Garth starts up a conversation with the rest of the boys at the table. I'm not paying attention for the most part. Mindlessly doodled on a sticky note on one of the pages I opened to. Doodling wasn't uncommon for me. But when I don't pay attention to the things I draw when I'm deep in thought. Things get complicated with my feelings again. My subconscious is trying to give me a message I'm not too sure if I wanna get into yet. I jump out of my thoughts when Eddie places a hand down on my knee. I look up and he gives me a concerned look. I smile at him and wave it off like it's nothing but I know he is gonna ask about it later. He always does. The perks of having a protective best friend I guess. They always wanna know what's up and what they can do to help.

He slides off one of the silver rings on his fingers and gently slides it onto my hand. Felling the cold medal I look up at him again. He's smiling at me. I try to ignore the butterflies that erupt in my stomach. He turns away from me to rejoin the conversation and I look back down at the ring again. I twist it around my finger a little bit and smile. I feel him gently squeeze my knee as he continues the conversation he's in. It's comforting but it makes me wonder how I would ever survive without him. Where I would be in life if I hadn't met him back when I was 3 in daycare? But it makes me happy that he is here now.

The bell ringing pulls me out of my thoughts. I stand up alongside the rest of the Hellfire Club and grab my bag. Turning back to Eddie I reach my hand to him to give him his ring back. He smiles at me and lets out a small breathy laugh. He closes my hand around his ring and pushes my hand back to me "keep it safe for me until the end of the day okay sweetheart?" I once again have to ignore the explosion of emotions I feel once again as I smile and put on the ring. "Good" He continues "I'll take you home after school so you can change. Meet me at my van alright" I smile and nod "I will as usual" He smiles at me and we both go our separate ways to class. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks now that we are apart. I try to stop it but I can't control it. I grip my backpack and sigh my eyes tracing the floor as I enter my thoughts once again.

"Your gonna be the death of me Munson..."

-----

I honestly don't know what to say in these notes. I'm working on my writing style as I write, I apologize now if there are grammar or spelling mistakes. I will post longer chapters soon but I hope for now you guys enjoy this story. Eddie is my current comfort character. I don't know when I will be updating because I don't have a consistent schedule for anything. but I will update sooner or later if I don't end up forgetting about this book. anyways

Prin out!! <3

1230 words including the author's note