The past

"Kara, go get your baby sister!!" Alura called out to Kara from downstairs in the living room. Kara was only 12 years old and was in the sixth grade. She had a younger sister who was around 5 or 6 years younger named Marley Rose Zor-el. Krypton was in deep peril as it was ending but neither of the girls knew that so Kara was in her room reading a book and Marley Rose was playing with her dolls.

Alura rushed upstairs to Kara and said firmly, "I am not gonna ask you again. Go and get your baby sister!" Kara groaned and she immediately put her book down then went to get Marley. "Come on, Mar Mar. We gotta go!" Kara said as she picked Marley up from the floor. Marley got upset and began to cry: she was happy playing with her dolls and she didn't want to leave. Kara rolled her eyes and put Marley on the ground then went to get their father. "Dad? Marley isn't being too cooperative. Can you help?" Kara explained to their father.

Zor-El got up from his work and went with Kara to Marley's bedroom where Marley was very upset. He knelt down on one knee and picked Marley up, calming her down.

Alura ran into Marley's room and became concerned then turned to her eldest daughter then asked, "Kara...what happened?" Kara sighed once again and said, "You told me to get my baby sister so I picked her up and she started crying."

Alura got frustrated and said to Kara, "Next time it happens, pick up her doll as well. She's only 7 years old and you know how she feels about scary situations. Remember how her teachers had to get you so you could be with her during emergency situations?"

That was when Kara felt annoyed and said, "But that is different, mom. You used to take me to her medical  and dental appointments as well and that is also different from this exact situation!"

Alura and Zor-El finally got both of the girls ready to go on their intergalactic journey through the stars. "Kara, you have one mission: watch over your sister and cousin." Kara started to tear up and looked at her mom before hugging her in the tightest hug she could do then she kissed her little sister on the forehead before going into her pod. Marley began crying as Kara's pod departed from Krypton.

Alura gave Marley her doll and carefully placed the young girl into her own pod. "I love you, our sweet girl. You may not see us again but we'll be with you and your sister in your dreams."

After Marley's pod departed, Krypton's destruction sent both of their pod into the phantom zone. The two did not come out of the phantom zone until many years later (Kara's was released in 1997 and Marley's came in 2003) until their pods both wriggled free from the phantom zone and headed straight for earth but there was a problem: they landed in two separate places. Marley landed in Ohio in a field next to an elementary school and Kara landed in Midvale.

Some of the students noticed the pod and went to go find the teacher. Mr. Appleby rushed out with the janitor over to the pod and said, "Please open that pod." The janitor opened the pod and it revealed the young brunette holding her doll. She was shaking and crying. "Cindy and Elisa, go get some blankets from the nurse's office and meet me in the classroom." He told the two girls as he gently picked up the frightened young girl.

Cindy and Elisa went to go to the nurse's office to get some blankets and met Mr. Appleby in his classroom where he was holding Marley who was now frightened. "W-where's Kara? I can't find her." Marley spoke in Kryptonian in an upset tone.

Cindy looked shocked and said, "Mr. Appleby? I don't think she's from this, um, planet. What do we do? We've never encountered an alien before!" Mr. Appleby seemed calm about the situation and said, "Cindy...we need to remain calm and show the child around and hopefully find her a family." Elisa picked Marley up and showed her around the school. The young girl looked extremely scared, lost and confused but once the school day was over, she was taken into the foster care system.

Meanwhile in Midvale, Kara's spaceship landed not so far from the Danvers' home. Kal-El opened the pod and helped his cousin out. To her surprise, Kal-El grew up and did not need her protection! And her sister was nowhere to be found so she felt like she had no mission. Superman took Kara to the home of her adoptive family and got her settled in then flew away. Kara started crying as she knew that her younger sister was lost forever. Little did they know was that they both landed on earth a few days apart BUT in different cities.

As Kara grew up, she never stopped thinking about her younger sister who might have been lost in the world. She graduated from Midvale High and went to Stanhope College where she majored in journalism. During her time in college, Kara worked as a part time nanny to the Quinton Family and the next summer, she did an internship at the Midvale Newspaper. And then, she was a waitress at Noonan's restaurant. After she graduated college, she continued her education at National City University.

A few years later as she became an adult, Kara moved out of her home in Midvale and moved into her very own apartment at Hammersmith Tower. She was hoping to share it with her little sister... that is if she was to ever locate Marley but she could not. She also applied for a job at Catco Worldwide Media as Cat Grant's assistant and she got the job... with the help of her abilities!! When she started her first day, she met Winn Schott.

In the year of 2004, Kara birthed twin girls named Rose and Maddison. Of course, Winn and James were there to meet the new babies. "May I hold one of them?" Winn asked nervously. Kara nodded and smiled then she picked up Maddie and handed her to Winn. "S-she is so beautiful like her mother. W-what is her name?" Kara smiled again and replied to Winn, "Her name is Maddison Elizabeth Danvers. Her middle name is after my adoptive mother." James looked at the babies and said, "The twins are very pretty. Congratulations but I gotta go." Then he left the hospital.

At the Danvers Family thanksgiving dinner, Kara was holding her one month old daughters who were asleep in her arms. Eliza was cooking the Thanksgiving dinner, James was playing a game with Winn who was sipping on a beer, and Alex was sitting with Kara who was holding Maddie and Rose. She was admiring her month-old nieces when she overheard Winn and James talking about a badass suit so she went over to them and stole Winn's beer then sat down. "Tell who what?" Alex asked as she sat down and drank the beer.

"James was just excited to tell Kara about his new super suit." Winn explains to Alex as she sat down and sipped on the beer. Kara was holding Maddie in her arms. After the holidays, Mon-el got contaminated with the toxin and he had to be quarantined at the DEO. So did Kara and Lena had to help by babysitting Maddie.

Marley, on the other hand, struggled with her identity and self-esteem. Who was she as a person and why was she put onto this strange blue and green marble of a planet? It was her first year of high school and she was 13.5 years old as her 14th birthday wasn't until December 5, 2004.

She felt like a complete alien in a completely new environment, unlike Kara who fitted right into her own environment

She felt like a complete alien in a completely new environment, unlike Kara who fitted right into her own environment. She didn't know what to do in her first year of high school because Kara wasn't there for her at all. It's close to impossible for her to locate Kara and if she did end up finding Kara, she would not be able to get to where Kara was for three reasons:

1. She didn't have a car or a driver's license

2. It's so far away and the school would not let her travel far outside of the holidays

3. It's expensive to travel that far and she's poverty-stricken!!

But if she was lucky enough, Kara would travel to McKinley to watch any of the upcoming shows that the glee club was gonna be doing in the future. She was just hoping that she would be reunited with her eldest sister. Until then, she just dreamed about reuniting with Kara.