New Beginnings, Old Frenemies

Chapter:1- New Beginnings and Old Frenemies

A/N IMPORTANT- This story is canon compliant until season 4 episode 9 ( I can't be the one to stop you.) However there are a few changes that include:-

1.) No Gods. No Aurora

2.) Alaric Saltzman is DEAD.

3.) Lizzie is still a Heretic, and Hope will face the consequences of her actions. 

4.) Josie is Gone

5.) Landon is alive. He came back from the limbo.

6.)Hope got her humanity back in an interaction that will be explained in the story, but it doesn't include the two Hopes and all that. It does include Aunt Rebekah and other members of her family.

7.)The story is set one year after Hope regains her humanity.

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been one-year since she had turned her humanity back on. She could recall the entire moment even in her dreams. Her humanity had come back just in time before she could kill her aunt and she was very grateful for it. She didn't know what she would do if she had succeeded in killing her aunt.

Turning on her emotions was easy in the sense that she didn't decide about it, it just happened, similar to the way her humanity had shut off, but controlling the emotions after they had returned was hard, so damn hard.

All the things that she did without her humanity came back rushing to her, beating up Alaric Saltzmann to death, the father of her bestfriends and the closest person she had to a father, all because she just wanted to send a message. She hurt her aunt Rebecca, emotionally hurt all her friends at the Salvatore school, trapped Josie in a therapy box and she even killed her best friend Lizzie, turning her into a heretic. These memories were bad enough, but the worst ones were the good memories that reminded her constantly of what she had ruined.

There was a time where the school was where she wanted to be, she had even thought about staying there after finishing her studies, but not anymore, she couldn't go back there even if she tried. Every single place in the school would remind her of good times she had with people. The moments she spent with Landon who was no longer hers. The garden where she practiced spells with Lizzie and Josie, now they were all memories that could never be rekindled again because Josie was gone and Lizzie was a heretic. Mg would never forgive her for what she did to Lizzie, afterall she had seen his face when Lizzie told everyone what she had done.

She was weak and pathetic, it didn't matter if she was the all powerful tribrid, she was weak from the inside, and she knew it and after what she did, she didn't seem to have the confidence to go and face the people she had wronged. So the moment her humanity came back she ran away. Instead of staying and facing the people, she ran as far away as she could from the school, her second home.

The place she was initially staying at was close to Mystic Falls, and she would routinely go to Mystic Falls on weekends to watch from afar. Every time she saw those people her heart ached more and her strength crumbled further. One day she even saw Landon. He had somehow returned unharmed, and there was nothing she wanted more in that moment to just go and hug him, tell him that she loved him, but she couldn't move, not when she saw the look on his face when Lizzie told her that she had been killed by her. She knew the look on Landons face. He was scared of her. That was the last straw, she vowed to never return to the school.

That is how she had landed here in a small town named Caligo Falls in Savannah, GA. It was still close to Mystic Falls, but it was small and no one could ever guess she was here. She had chosen this place randomly, it felt small. Everything here was quiet and mundane and just like she wanted. After the last few years of her life, all she wanted was peace and quiet, and this place seemed to her the perfect opportunity to find the exact things.