Chapter 1- Before

Author's Note: Hi! Welcome to my story! I would like to thank you for clicking on this story in the first place, but also to my friend, Lola (or known here as @lunasflower, you should read her Harry Potter fanfiction too, it's really good!) but now i've gotten off topic. Without further ado, my story:

------------

We open on a brisk Autumn day, 1995. The year of the Triwizard tournament, months before the untimely death of the love of her life, Cedric Diggory.

"Mum!" She yelled as she hauled her trunk into her parent's car "Dad!"

"Coming, coming," Her father calmly replied.

Cho Chang did not want to miss the Hogwarts Express. It was going to be her fifth year, a mostly ordinary year for most people- just not her. There was an anxious feeling inside of her. She didn't like it. The Chang's didn't live too far from King's Cross train station, but that feeling wouldn't go away until she was comfortably seated in a compartment next to Marietta, her best friend.

When she was in her compartment with Marietta, each having just said goodbye to their parents, they were deciding what to buy from the kind lady who pushed the Honeydukes candy trolley. When they finally decided on Cauldron Cakes, Blowing gum and Chocolate Frogs, she could have sworn she saw Harry Potter- yes, the famous Harry Potter staring at her, Cho Chang. With silky long black hair like a flowing black ocean and dark brown eyes like marbles she had lost as a child, Cho Chang was quite beautiful. Not to mention her sweet, caring and bubbly personality, she could easily become wildly popular, but she instead preferred the comfortable small group of her friends.

"Did you hear about what happened at the Quidditch World Cup?" Marietta inquired.

"Yes. Why would you-know-who's followers decide to put the dark mark in the sky there?"

"Hmm, I don't know." Marietta replied "But can we stop talking about you-know-who? He kind of scares me."

"Sure."

"Thanks, Cho."

"So... what do you think of Harry Potter?" Cho asked, trying to change the subject.

"Um, he's okay, I guess," Marietta replied "I really don't know him that well."

"But do you LIKE him?" Cho pressed.

"Not really. You?"

"Um..." Cho thought for a moment "Yes, I actually do."

Cho had actually given this a lot of thought, but she didn't want to come across as boy-crazy or anything like that. After all, there was no chance that the famous Harry Potter could like her.