┊⭒˚.chapter 7: training battles

Can I just say? I absolutely love this song

Ikshi if you see this, I WILL hunt you down. If you don't see this then I hope you never will 🥰

"ABCxyz" = Japanese
"ABCxyz" = English
"ABCxyz" = Bahasa Melayu/Malaysian
ABCxyz = Character Card
ABCxyz = Voiceover
[bolded square brackets] = author's note/commentary

=================

Three Weeks Ago

Midoriya was sitting on his couch in the living room of his apartment, doing some paperwork that was for his costume. "I need to go to city hall to get my quirk registration for the clothing allowance.."

He thought out loud before realizing something important, "But I'm already registered as 'none'.." He panicked, "What should I do?" he brainstormed.

"Quirk registration?" Skinny All Might repeated through the phone, "Oh, you can update that." He replied, Aizawa-sensei behind him dealing with his own paperwork stuff.

"Really?!" Midoriya made a pikachu face, All Might chuckling on the other end of the line. All Might explained how before Midoriya heard his mother's voice and a few voices he knew very well.

He fumbled with his phone before hanging up, cutting off All Might's explanations, reminding himself to apologize later.

"Hey, Izu-kun! The others and I are going to city hall for our costume registration thingy, wanna come with us?" Boboiboy asked, Midoriya's eyes lit up.

"Sure!" Midoriya gave his famous head tilt closed eyes smile, which was on equal footing with Leaf/Thorn's Puppy eyes in terms of adorableness.

"Right! We're still waiting for Gopal to get ready so we're gonna wait for you in front of our apartment. Inko-san says she has a surprise for you!" Boboiboy left leaving the two Midoriya's alone.

"Congrats on getting to UA!" Mrs Midoriya took out a green and white jumpsuit, "A jumpsuit?!" Midoriya exclaimed. "It's not much as it is now, though.." Mrs Midoriya replied.

"When you dozed off while studying," a short flashback of Mrs Midoriya coming into her son's room to bring his dinner only to see him sleeping soundly on his desk instead, "I happened to see your notebook."

She continued as the flashback showed a simple sketch/drawing of her son's costume. "The terrible thing I said kept bothering me when I gave up back then," another flashback showed a younger Midoriya crying, his mother hugging him while crying herself.

"But you didn't give up. You kept chasing your dream, didn't you?" She gave him a soft smile, tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'll support you openly with everything I've got from now on!" She smiled. Midoriya took the jumpsuit from his mother, staring for a while, 'These are my mother's feelings."

The scene changed to the present, Midoriya was running towards the light at the end of the tunnel, 'What'll I wear if not this!'

'Even if it's not the most convenient or state-of-the-art, it's fine.' Midoriya stepped out of the tunnel and basked in the warm, bright sun, standing proudly, 'This is my costume!'.

"Oh, Izuku! Over here!" Boboiboy immaturely waved at Midoriya, "Oh, Deku-kun!" Uraraka waved who was also with them, talking to Yaya, "That looks cool! Really down to earth!" She complimented.

"Pfft- Izuku- Dude, you look like a green rabbit-" Gopal couldn't help but laugh, receiving a slap on his head, "Inko-san made that, you know?" Yaya scolded, "Don't listen to him. I think your costume looks really nice," Ying gave a thumbs up.