I Promise ; Elle Greenaway

Summary: When you notice Elle has been acting differently because of the incident with the fisher king you try to comfort her.

Pairing: Platonic!Elle Greenaway x gn!reader

Contents/Warnings: Hurt/comfort, mentions of blood, mentions of being shot.

Word count: 485

After the incident with the fisher king, Elle had been acting differently. Not that I could blame her, she got shot in her own home! Anyone would be traumatized because of that. I just wanted my colleague and friend back.

After a while of sitting in my hotel room, I decided to check up on Elle.

I knocked at her door. A couple of seconds later she opened it.

"Hi." she greeted

"Hi, can I come in?" I asked.

"Sure." She said and she opened the door. I went into the room.

"So why are you here?" she blurted out.

"I just wanted to hang out. It's been a long time since we last saw each other outside of work." I explained.

We were on a case so technically this isn't outside of work, but it's not often that we hang out at the hotel while we're on a case. And during her absence, I never got the chance to visit her. I had called sometimes but that's just not the same.

"This isn't outside of work you know," she said with a small smile and amusement in her voice.

"Yeah okay but it's the thought that counts." I chuckled. She shot me a smile. It was nice to see her smile again.

"So what's on your mind?" I asked.

"Nothing much you know just trying to think of things that will help solve the case," she replied unconvincingly.

"I'm a profiler too you know I can see that something's on your mind," I told her.

She doesn't answer.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked not wanting to push her.

"I'm not sure." She said with a sigh and a sad look on her face.

"You don't have to but just know you can tell me anything" I assured her.

"When the fisher king shot me he reached into my wound so he could write on the wall with my blood."

she paused

"I was barely conscious but I- I could feel his hand in there."

She paused again and teared up a little.

"Sometimes it's like I can still feel it."

I looked at her. We sat in a comfortable silence taking it all in.

"Thank you for telling me. You're really brave." I expressed.

"Well, I don't feel brave." She says with a sigh.

"Elle you don't need to go through this on your own. I have no idea what it's like being in your situation, but you need to know that I will try to help you however I can. If you need anything please tell me and I will do whatever you need me to." I say in a pleading tone.

She looks at me for a moment clearly off guard by my speech until she speaks up.

"Promise you will always be here when I need you?" she questioned with a small voice.

"I promise."