That Was A Date?!?!

More Nature Wives!!! 🥳 Let's go lesbians! /q /ref

-----------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

Katherine set her brush down on the vanity. Her wild hair finally tamed from last night's monster hunting. She looked over he appearance in the mirror and lightly smiled. The princess then stood up and smoothed out the creases in her day dress with her hands. She gave herself a twirl and nodded in approval. She was ready to depart for The Evermoore. Great Witch Shelby was awaiting her presence to collect potion ingredients. It was a rather weird request but Katherine was promised it was safe and it wouldn't hurt to get to know her fellow ruler better. 

With one last glance around her room to ensure she didn't forget anything, Katherine stepped out onto her balcony. She closed her eyes for a few moments as she took in the cool breeze of the mid-morning. She exhaled softly and reopened her eyes. Sifting through her inventory for her rockets. Once she had them on hand, the princess took off. Gliding through the air on a course straight for Evermoore.

The flight wasn't terribly long but maneuvering her way through the mangrove forest took ages. Shelby was right about the forest being harder to navigate as an outsider. However, Katherine soon found indications of civilization via lanterns and scattered pathways. In no time at all she found her way into the kingdom and spied the witch she was looking for in the empire's center.

"You made it!" Shelby beamed upon seeing Katherine.

"Not without getting myself turned around a few times," Katherine said with a laugh.

Shelby joined in on the giggles and said, "Yeah the fog does that."

"Well, are you ready to go?" Katherine asked.

"Yes!" Shelby exclaimed, stooping to pick up the baskets at her feet and handing one to the princess, "Follow me."  

Katherine took the basket with care and followed closely behind the witch. Soon they fell into step with one another. Walking side by side as they got closer and closer to a lit path through the mangrove forest. Lanterns and fairy lights were strung from wooden posts and there were a few runes carved into the trunk of the trees. Katherine didn't know what they meant but perhaps they were for protection against hostile mobs. That must've been the case given how peaceful this route was despite the overhanging branches and leaves obstructing any natural light from coming through.

"What are we looking for?" Katherine asked as they ventured down the whimsical path.

"Well..." Shelby began averting her gaze from the princess, "I found a barrel full of potion ingredients a few minutes ago. It was too late to send you message since I figured you were already on the way so we're just going to pick flowers instead. Is... is that okay?"

"Y-yeah! That's okay," Katherine responded after a moment of hesitation, "I'll still be spending time with you so it's more than alright we do something other than what was intended."

A faint pink dusted Shelby's cheeks as she hummed in acknowledgement. Not trusting herself to say a full sentence without her voice squeaking. The pair then continued walking down the path. They engaged in casual conversations about any and everything. Giggling as they gossiped and told personal stories. They paused their trek every now and then to pick the flowers littered on either side of the trail. Katherine knew there was no way all the flora she saw were native to the mangrove but the plants were beautiful all the same. Some even emitted a magical glow, though neither party present could see it.

By the time the girls looped back around to Evermoore's town center, it was early in the afternoon. Their wicker baskets were laden with flowers of all different shapes, sizes and colours. Not to mention the most interesting mix of aromas permeated from their haul. Both Katherine and Shelby had big, bright smiles on their faces. All in all, it was a time well spent.

"This was lovely," Katherine complimented, returning her basket to its owner "Thank you for inviting me."

"I'm glad you had a good time," Shelby said, "Oh! Wait a second."

The witch set the baskets down and riffled through her inventory. Eventually she found what she was looking for. Her wand. With the magic stick in hand, Shelby pointed it at the basket Katherine used and waved it in slow circles. The flowers collected within it gently floated into the air and spun around each other. A ribbon in the colours of Katherine's empire materialized out of thin air and wrapped around the stems in a bow. Tying them together to form a bouquet.

"This is for you," Shelby said, gently grabbing the bouquet from where it floated mid-air and handing it to Katherine.

The princess' cheeks lit up as she accepted the gift. She glanced between the flowers and Shelby for a while. Her mouth opening and closing but words failed to form. She took a deep breath and smiled shyly at the witch.

"Th-thank you," she stammered, "but what are these for?"

"I was going to give you a gift as a thanks for joining me today," Shelby explained, her own face tinted red as well, "The flowers seemed better than what I originally intended."

"I see," Katherine hummed, "Well, thank you again."

"You're welcome," Shelby said sheepishly.

The two girls stared at each other for a couple minutes. Neither saying a thing as their cheeks burned. Katherine was the first to snap out of it.

"I best be off then," she said fixing her elytra and taking her rockets out again, "I'll be sure to put these in a vase of water."

"They won't need that," Shelby said, "I charmed them to stay fresh for two months."

"How thoughtful," Katherine beamed, to which Shelby returned her smile, "Goodbye!"

"Bye! Have a safe flight!" Shelby called out as the princess took off, clutching the bouquet close to her chest and smiling ear to ear.

-page break- 

"And that's what happened," Katherine finished, picking up her teacup to take another sip.

Scott took a long sip from his own jasmine tea. Silence hanging over the pair as he took a few moments to process what he'd just been told. He glanced at the princess seated across from him and took in her happy demeanour. It looked like Katherine rather enjoyed the time she spent with Shelby. Perhaps just as much, if not more than the witch herself. That's when a cheeky idea crossed Scott's mind. He smiled behind his teacup and took one more sip before speaking.

"Sounds like a date to me."

Katherine's reaction was immediate. She spluttered on her tea and coughed a few times. Hurriedly setting the teacup and its saucer on the table before she spilled any of the warm liquid on herself or the carpeted floor. She retrieved her designated and dabbed at her mouth. Coughing into it a few more times before her airways were cleared.

"That was a date?!?!"

"It could've been," Scott said way too casually for what he was insinuating, "I mean, why would Shelby give you a bouquet of flowers if it wasn't one?"

A blush furiously spread on Katherine's cheeks. Confirming what Scott had suspected as the princess recounted her outing with Shelby. She had a crush on the witch. There's no doubt Shelby has one on Katherine as well. Why else would they both turn into blushing messes around each other? Heck, Shelby even gave her flowers. Looks like Scott would have to play matchmaker for the two and he knew they weren't going to make it easy for him.

"I don't get paid enough for this," he thought, downing his last bit of tea as Katherine was still incredibly flustered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Place your bets on how long it's gonna take Scott to get them together lol

Also, Scott making floral teas has become a favourite headcanon of mine and I really wanna use it more. Like it's not even funny how obsessed I am with researching floral teas, their benefits, which flowers go best with which tea leaf base and so on.

Have a good rest of your day/night!