One

School was out for summer.

It wasn't my type of vacation.

No, the whether was too hot and humid.

How was I supposed to where my button downs in this kind of whether?

Absolutely not my type.

Usually people like more things than dislike things.

Well, when I was at the mere age of ten I realised I disliked more things than like things.

It was my own Eureka moment really, I was sitting in the bathtub- complaining about the bubbles being colourless, because I didn't like the bubbles colourless or the water for that matter. Then it hit me, those bubbles weren't my type, that water wasn't my type either.

Since then, I'd been in search of the things my type.

My type of clothes were button down shirts and pants- preferably khaki. They covered my body, the way I liked.

My type of food was spicy, not sweet. I didn't like my food sweet- not at all.

My mother and father weren't pleased with my new invention, but they supported me no matter what so they didn't complain much.

Back to the topic of summer.

I didn't like it one bit.

I had no idea what I'd be doing these two months. They seemed quite torturous to me, frankly.

"Louis, mate, stop frowning you're scaring me." My best friend, Niall, said.

I sighed.

See, I had no idea why Niall was my best friend. I still hadn't figured out what my type was when friends were concerned. You see Niall was all bubbly and loud. But I didn't like loud people, I had no idea why I found Niall's loudness amusing.

Well, I guess there isn't a type with friends. They just have to be good people, I suppose.

"It's nothing Niall, you know how much I despise summer. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do these two months and you know I don't like not having ideas." I ranted.

"Well, how about we go to the park every day." Niall said, his hands on his chin.

"That's crazy, Nialler." I said, frowning.

"C'mon think about it! We go to one particular park for the rest of summer. You never know, it might turn out to be your type of thing." Niall said, shrugging.

"I suppose it won't hurt to give it a try." I say.

"That's the spirit Tommo!"

"Mum why is there honey in my food." I say, pulling my face into a frown.

"Louis, just get over it." Lottie, one of my younger sister said-rolling her eyes.

"Why don't you keep your mouth shut Charlotte?" I say, a fake smile on my face.

"Louis! Don't talk to your sister like that!" My mum said, angrily.

"Well, tell your daughter to not put her nose in my business and there'll be no talking at all." I say sternly.

My mother glared at me.

"Well, I'm done here." I say getting up and going to my room.

Sometimes I wished, I wasn't this way.