jealous

—————

"Bye, Harry!"

(Y/N) watched as Harry tossed a wave over his shoulder before stepping off the staircase onto the second floor of the library. She just barely caught a glance of him through the stacks, but she couldn't miss that bright smile on his lips, dimples deep in his cheeks. The curve only widened when he approached their table in the back of the non-fiction mystery shelves, a cute blush coloring his cheeks when he found her already looking at him.

"Hi, flower," he greeted her, voice quiet before he bent down and pressed a quick kiss to her lips.

"Hi," she smiled at him, her hands folded in her lap as she waited for him to set up all of his supplies and textbooks for their study session. "Who did you come in with today?"

Harry shrugged as he pulled out his textbook. "Someone from one of m'engineering pre-req's.  She was on her way here, too, so we walked together."

"Oh, okay," (Y/N) chirped, "What's her name?"

"Analyssa, I think?" he told her, settling in his spot, "She also said she's in our physics class, but I've never seen her there before."

"Wait, is it Analyssa Trevor?" (Y/N) asked with a pinch in her brow, thoughts of studying being pushed to the back of her mind for the time being.

Canting his head to the side, Harry puckered his lips in thought. "Maybe, why?"

"If it is her, she is in our physics class. I was paired up with her for one of the first labs of the semester before you and I got close, and I don't think she likes me very much." (Y/N) breathed out a laugh at the memory Analyssa's name brought up; that lab had not gone the best to say the least.

"What do you mean?" Harry already looked pouty at the idea of someone not liking his flower.

(Y/N) shrugged with a shake of her head. "It's nothing crazy, I'm just pretty sure she thinks I'm really stupid and would have killed to have a different partner. I don't blame her, anyway. I was totally lost that entire time, and had to have her help me with everything, so I get it. She just hasn't been very nice since when I see her around campus."

"Well, I don't like that," Harry murmured, his brows knitting together over the frames of his glasses. "I won't talk to her anymore if she'd being rude to you, flower."

Shaking her head, (Y/N) let out a small laugh. She reached across the table and grabbed for his hand that was prattling with his favorite highlighting pen as he bore holes into his textbook. "H, you don't have to do that, okay? It's not a big deal at all, and it was a while ago so I don't really care. If you like her and want to be her friend, you should be her friend; there's no reason to stop being nice to her just because she doesn't smile at me on campus, okay?"

"Are y'sure, flower?" Harry stressed, dropping his highlighter to lace his fingers with hers, "I thought there was a rule about this kind of stuff; I can't like the people you don't, and the other way around, and all."

(Y/N) shook her head, face creasing as her smile widened. "Some people might feel that way, but it's not a big deal for me. It's not like she tried to ruin my life or hurt me, so I don't care if you want to be her friend, H. I promise it's alright."

Though he didn't look completely eased, Harry took her word for it and gave her a short nod. Raising their joined hands, he pressed a kiss to the back of hers. "Okay," he murmured against her skin, "Jus' know you're my favorite person, okay? If it turns into a problem, please tell me and I'll stop."

Of course, he would, (Y/N) thought with a smile. But, she wasn't going to tell him who he could and couldn't be friends with. Besides, she couldn't see any reason she would ever have to set some rule like that. Analyssa probably barely remembered her, just that lingering yuck feeling she had when she saw (Y/N).