chapter-1

The beautiful white flowers are already blooming. I'm sure it will be winter soon.

All kinds of flowers are also blooming in the garden of the South Castle. I miss her every time these flowers bloom. Especially the white flowers. These are her favorite flowers.

I'm a leader who should be the strongest, am now full of tears in my eyes. The thoughts of her are enough to make me cry.

"It has only been two years... How Am I supposed to live without her for the upcoming years."

I mumble.

Then I heard some footsteps coming from the door. I don't need to take a look to know who's it. It's surely Riley, my apprentice.

"My lord, you still miss Yara?" Riley asked.

I didn't say anything but looked at Riley for a brief moment.

Riley frowned when he got no response.

"Humans have a shorter lifespan than demons. If we didn't release Yara, we'll have to see her die in front of us one day" Riley tried to reason with me.

I looked at Riley and shook my head, sighing again and again as I longed for that girl.

My apprentice Riley become desperate by looking at me.

"Lord, you're missing her like crazy but she has already forgotten you, you know that right?"

Although I was quite Angry by Riley's words, he's right somehow. Demon King had erased her memory. The beautiful memories of us.

Like cuddling under the sheets on a winter night hugging the small waist of hers and touching her bare knee with my fingers.

"At least if she forgets me, she won't feel the pain of missing someone as I do," I said to myself, mumbling.

I never thought I'd fall for a human girl this hard. I'm a dignified elite man. I'm the sole lord of the southern Demon Kingdom.

Some of those who are too refined have rebelled against making me the leader of the south as I'm half human-blooded.

well, I was even able to win those things but now I've fallen for a girl, a human girl.

Yara ... she's the only woman I've fallen for yet she'll be still the only one for the rest of my life.
I shouldn't have agreed to the plan of sending her back to the human world.

If she's still in my arms then I'd face everything. Although I didn't express my feelings to her properly, she knows that she means everything to me. She wouldn't leave someone who love her madly.. would she?

The thoughts of her distract another day of mine again.
Riley silently left the room.

I let out a heavy sigh and sat down on my chair. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.
What am I going to do?

Riley returned to my side after an hour of silence.
"My lord, I just came here to inform you the war council has started. Please come quickly so we could discuss your plans," he says in a serious voice.
"Sure, I'll be there in a few seconds" I answered and stood up.
When I got outside the study chamber, the other warriors were already seated.  Some of them even smile a little seeing me coming toward them.
When I reached the council table, I sat beside Riley. We talked about the strategy for the upcoming war until the doors to the council chamber opened.
Since Yara left, there's nothing good happened.  There are only bad things like war.
The leaders enter the council chamber along with their servants and apprentices.
They start discussing the plan of war and the possible strategies for the enemy army.
After the meeting ended, most of the warriors went back to their own homes.
Vernius, demon lord of the north stay behind.
"Are you going to the battlefield, Laika?" he asked, sitting in his seat and facing me.
"Yes, I am. I must fight against our enemies and protect our land. Besides, the enemies target the south first so it's in charge of mine"
Vernius nodded while smiling.
"Then I hope that you will bring victory on your battlefield, Laika ".
"Thanks for your support". I said and left.
I walked to my quarters.
I open the door of my room and see nothing I hoped for.
Yara is still gone, Silly me... I was hoping to see her in our room. Things aren't the same anymore.
Did she return home to the human world to spend time with her family? I hope she is not lost or in trouble. I miss her so much.

I lay down on my bed and close my eyes to sleep.
But sleep doesn't come for me. I can't stop thinking about Yara. I can no longer fond of sleep.
Even if I try, I can't sleep.
I'm restless.
Maybe because of what happened earlier. Or maybe because of what happened before.
Whatever happened, I know how bad it hurt me.
I get up from my bed and walk to the window where I could see the sun setting.
I sigh softly.
I want to hold Yara but she's far away, somewhere in the human world. And she probably misses me too...not she had forgotten about me.
She's just busy living her life as a normal person. Living with her human family and friends. Maybe she already found a new love since she forgot about me? That sudden thought killed me.
I quickly shook my head to make the thought go away.

I slowly opened the window, letting the warm breeze blow inside my room.
I inhale the fresh air deeply. It feels like my whole body relaxes.
I lean on the window sill and close my eyes to feel better.
This feeling.
Just the feeling of being alone with my thoughts. Not having anyone near me except for the birds chirping and the wind blowing through my hair.
"Why does life always has to give you a bad ending, Laika?" I whispered sadly.
I was about to turn around and go to my bed when suddenly something catches my eye on the floor. Something I can't believe.
I crouch to grab the object that caught my attention.
I gasp.
It's Yara's cell phone!  The thing that makes me remember our days together. Demon King had destroyed everything related to Yara.  But when I found her phone, I broke into tears. I don't even know if I'm sad or happy.
"YARAAAAAA!" I scream.
My scream woke up my whole castle which is currently sleeping soundly.

I felt like I'm losing control over my own body.
I'm trying so hard to keep calm. I hate crying. I never cried in front of anyone.
But now I couldn't help myself. I burst into tears.
And I'm sobbing like never before. I can't understand why it hurts so much. Why I was so broken when I saw my wife's phone lying on the floor?
I hear footsteps approaching my room so I hastily wipe my tears and look at the door.
There stands a servant wearing the usual maid dress. He immediately bowed in respect.
"My lord, I'm sorry for disturbing you from your rest. Lord Cornell has requested you to accompany him in the war council".
"Ahh okay I'll go with you," I said while standing up and walking towards the door.
And then a maid comes running towards me.
"I'M SORRY FOR INTERRUPT BUT THERE IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO TELL YOU, MY LORD" the maid shouted, making me halt.

To be continued...