𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒- 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑠𝑒

Around one week later

It was common for at least four of the group to end up at Steve's house after a shift. It always happened once a week, maybe twice at a stretch, and even though he complained, Robin could sense that a slight amount of him enjoyed their company.

Earlier that day, after the initial greeting from Eddie Munson and Dustin Henderson, the two had managed to join the workers with the excuse 'Wayne's home... and he doesn't like the noise"- which was totally bonkers, as what they were doing didn't seem to conjure up a whole load anyway.

While Robin and Steve hunched back on opposing couches, the remaining pair gathered around the coffee table, posture hung close over busy pieces of paper. It was something to do with Hellfire, they knew that for sure, but they didn't know what exactly.

Steve's curiosity was the first to peak. He faltered for a moment before peering over Eddie's shoulder, features minimally scrunched as the confusion set in further. Robin didn't need to move from her position to see, due to Dustin's smaller size, so once the best friends had had their view, Harrington asked his first question.

"What exactly are you two doing?"

They both paused, and Robin watched as Eddie removed his tongue from perching on his top lip in concentration. The pen in his hand dropped to the table as he peered over to Dustin. The youngest took the responsibility of answering.

"We're working on a Dungeons and Dragons character sheet."

It became very obvious that he was pretending to know what they meant.
"Right... cool, awesome."

The four fell into silence for a moment. Eddie blinked slightly, exhaling a breath as he stretched out his posture.

"Yes, Steve," he finally spoke, failing to turn around to speak to the target, "we have to make our own characters."

"I wasn't-"

"But you were thinking it." Munson twisted to look at him, face filled with borderline sympathy. "We don't come pre-made."

"Interesting... so you're making new characters for yourselves? You get bored of the old ones or something?"

It was then Dustin's turn to place down his equipment.
"Not quite."

"Well then, what're you doing?"

The young boy hesitated as Eddie ignored them both and continued on his work.

"We've decided to make room in Hellfire for Will when he visits. He obviously won't be here full time, which is slightly inconvenient, but it's a bit inconsiderate of us to not let him join, since me and Mike have been in a party with him since we started playing."

The point made was fair, but for some strange reason, Robin couldn't see the whole interaction working out too well. It was nice of them to even consider a new part-time member, knowing how serious they all were with timings and event schedules, but it was highly possible that Will could grow slightly annoyed at them even playing without him after they promised that they wouldn't. He hadn't been made aware of Hellfire as of yet.

The purple writing etched into the paper owned letters of advanced size, the title stretching out far across the page before lowering to columns of hidden information.

"So, you're making Will a persona?" Buckley asked, leaning forward to catch full eye of the writing. Will the Wise.

"No, he's settled with his original 'Will the Wise'. I'm just updating him so he fits more with our theme. We have a book full of it. Hopefully I can remember all his details."

The paper in which they drew on was coffee-stained, creating illusion of an old pirate-map. It looked aged and dirty, something straight out of an adventure movie- which was what they were going for, Robin assumed. It was interesting to see how creative the two of them could be, and how good of an artist that Eddie surprisingly was. He'd always stated how he'd designed his own tattoos and things alike, but it was severely entertaining to watch him in action. Dustin was quite good too, but he didn't compare.

"Well, that's thoughtful."

"Glad you think so."

Everywhere else in the room was strangely empty. It was a known fact that Steve's parents were MIA most of the time, but by the looks of the interior, it was like they'd never even existed. It was the type of empty that you'd see if you were buying a house classed as 'furnished': all of the normal necessities for a room, but completely lacking the sights of a living. An empty void of a place.

"Do you think Max'll ever join the club?" Steve asked his fourth question, tilting his head as he stared over the shoulder of the working metalhead.

"Red?" Eddie snickered, changing his pencil to another colour. "I don't think Lady Applejack would approve of another saucy one joining the party to dethrone her."

Robin could see his brain working in phases to try and understand.
"Lady Applejack is Erica, Steve." She told.

"Right... got it."

"Plus," Munson continued, "I don't entirely think she has the imagination for it. This is earth changing stuff. We can't have anybody in the party who's going to pull us off track just because they think it's a joke."

Steve nodded, leaning back into the couch before shooting Robin a 'I have no idea what they're talking about' look.
Robin liked to believe that she understood. After all, it was a fantasy game which pulled them from the roots of reality- which seemed pretty simple, since she was living in her own head most of the time anyway. From boredom of position, she extended her legs out in front of her, resting them on the table just barren of the messy stack of papers.

"How long is it now?" She asked, staring down to the carpeted floor. The room didn't need to ask to know what she was talking about.

"About a week... could be a little less, actually." Dustin answered, turning around to meet the woman's eye.

She nodded, biting the inside of her lip.
"Me and Harrington will be at work, then."

"Shame you won't be able to take us to meet them at the airport."

"I'm not wasting gas on that anyway, Henderson." Steve piped in.

"You'll see them soon enough." Robin finished.

They were all that attached to each other that she knew they'd all be reunited on the first day of arrival without fail anyway; either gathering in one of the numerous locations, or swarming them all at their cabin. It was a tiny place to have so many people packed into, but thinking about it, there was Joyce and Hopper, which wouldn't be a problem- shared bed, El and Will who could easily share a room with a makeshift sleeper, and Jonathan, who could supposedly take the couch.
Nancy would take her usual place back at the Wheeler's, and that was all of the guests taken care of.

"I'll drive you, if you're that desperate." Eddie said, lifting his eyes from his writing.

"Isn't it illegal to shove a bunch of kids in the back of a van, Munson?" Harrington huffed.

"Not if you don't get caught."

-

That night, Robin's mind wandered back to the phone call from however many days before. Whether it was nosiness that sparked the thought, or perhaps slight concern at her departure, it did make her wonder.
What could've pulled her away once she said she could talk? Joyce having to take a work call? Something Robin had said?

It was a mystery yet to be figured out, and a mystery that was nagging at her ever-working mind.